Chris and Marc dive the UB88

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really nice stuff, guys. Amazing amount of fish. Thanks for sharing the videos and profiles.

Bejesus. Somewhere in there I think I saw a wreck, really though, you'd need some fish-b-gone if you ever want to see it!

Very, very neat videos guys! Thanks for sharing. If I ever needed motivation for tech training, the 88 seems to be it.

Thanks! It really is a sweet dive. One of those ones worth the deco.

Great, thanks guys....

I never thought I'd want to dive so deep, but after seeing your videos....

You two are bad influences!!

Seriously, though, glad you had a great time and had such nice conditions! Are you planning to return again soon-ish?

Simply awesome. Maybe it's the allure of diving something that's been so shrouded in secrecy, or maybe it was just an cool dive. Lots of ambient light even at 188 feet, more fish density than I've ever seen, very little fishing net, reasonably warm, a couple of wolf eels, lots of big lingcod, a gigantic flag rock fish, and not terribly much current at depth.

Great dive.

Impressive to see the nets still on the wreck and those schools! Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. Are those fish nets that extend upward from wreckage ... or part of the structure that's covered in nets ?

Seriously, though, glad you had a great time and had such nice conditions! Are you planning to return again soon-ish?

I'd definitely dive it again, but have no immediate plans. I can wait until you're ready :D

Thanks for sharing. Are those fish nets that extend upward from wreckage ... or part of the structure that's covered in nets ?

Sadly there's a float:

UB88 - Photomosaic

It's a net with floats still attached, tangled in the stern. I was going to ask Kurt's rebreather team to remove it, but it's full of metridium anemones and has become a fish magnet itself. It looks really cool, but I'd hate to find it in zero vis at that depth.
Kendall Raine shot some pictures of the net on the initial dives there.
page18-1024-full.jpg

It's a net with floats still attached, tangled in the stern. I was going to ask Kurt's rebreather team to remove it, but it's full of metridium anemones and has become a fish magnet itself.

Yah, they seem to use it like structure. Pretty cool.

Having done net removal with ODA on the caissons @ 150-ish, I wouldn't want to repeat that task on the UB88. Clearwater only having half the anchor chain it would really need aside, that's commercial territory as far as I'm concerned.

great show...thanks...can't believe the life down there...WOW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom