Choosing between Belize and Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disclaimer - I have never been to cozumel. But I have been to ambergris in Belize and absolutely loved it. Their is a number of dives just off the coast of the island, but the main attraction is of course, the Blue Hole. We wen't on a day trip that included the Blue Hole and two wall dives. Some of the most unique diving I have done to date. A number of sharks, bat rays, groupers, couple of speckled mantas (4 and 6 feet).

We stayed at Ramon's Village which had some of the best accomodations on the island (from what we saw through exploring). Just make sure you get your room as close to the water as possible, since it is near the airport. Diving was a breeze, since they have their own dive shop.

I will make it to Cozumel one of these days.

Hi!
I have been to both places. You couldn't have gone wrong either way. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Enjoy! Be sure to take an underwater camera. And be sure to dive Shark Ray Alley.
I stayed at www.journeysendresort.com and was very happy with the resort.
The dive operator is also superb there. They are www.belizeoceandivers.com Steve is the owner and an excellent instructor and friend of mine.
I also think Gaz from this board would be a good choice.
Have fun and be sure to write a trip report when you return.

i think an experience of cozumel depends on dive operator.Last two years dive operator set strict limits so they could get back by one oclock or so to run another group out. only provided water. guy leading trip who had done business with these people forever finally got fed up with nickel+dime tactics and switched to Blue Angel. Much better. We had two boats for whole group. half rookies, half experienced.. Boat full of new divers was heavily supervised with four divemasters which was clearly good idea. Experienced boat with hard core divers was allowed to dive computers. almost made two hours on Columbia Shallow. I didnt know any better till this year. Of course old operator begging for business back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom