Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All regs work. I have apeks xtx50 and mk25/a700. Do hunt around, prices vary quite a bit. Doesn't matter if you go for a cheap occy imo.

I would consider Deep6 too, simply because they don't have stupid policies on gear servicing. If you're a competent enough person it isn't hard to DIY.

@Fibonacci - Thanks for the advice mate, good to see that the water temps don't get too chilly :).
Definitely wanna check out those WW1 subs, and that sunken navy ship in half-moon bay. Hopefully whatever I order gets here when lockdown ends...

14c is too chilly!!!! That is heavily into drysuit territory, skip the wetsuit altogether :p

Seems crazy you guys aren't allowed to dive or get out considering the near zero cases. Bad enough here and I can get out (NSW)!

I'm an Apeks user, and I would recommend it to anyone. XTX50/40 is more than enough for anything you will ever need.
If you plan on going forward with any kind of technical diving for for the XTX.

Otherwise ATX40 is more than enough for anyone.
That said, if you manage to get any good deals on any upper level XTX's go for it.
I managed to snag a XTX200 with an octo and Apeks gauge for 600EUR, and I can say, it only has additional bling factor and better routing for singles. But performs the same as the XTX50 I've used from my club.

All of those are great regs that will serve you well for decades. You will find fanboys for every type, especially on scubaboard, but in reality it's hard to find bad reg on the market these days. Honestly, just get whatever you think looks the coolest. Having an emotional connection to your regulator will contribute more to your enjoyment than whatever opinions you read on here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom