Chicken soup, or.... ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 5oz. of moonshine and a good nights sleep..............wake up feeling fine.

I drink OJ mixed with 7up. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she now drinks it when she gets a cold. I'm going to try that Bau's Rice Soup next time. Sounds delicious to me, I might try that even when I'm not sick. The wiskey has never worked for me, but it never stopped me from trying either :)

MissyP:
What is everyone's preferred method for dealing with a cold?
(Yes I have one :pity_part )
I'm letting it run its course, but I'm miserable in the mean time :439:

Chicken soup!

It's got all sorts of great stuff in it (onion, garlic, chicken, etc.) and it's all hot and steamy, which helps to clear out your head.

You can try my secret recipe if you like :cool:

It's also tasty when you're not sick and even better if you can stay in bed and convince someone else to make it for you. :cool:

Terry

Jalepenos! Cause nothing can live in your stomach w/ hot peppers...clears up sinus issues as well. Most hot peppers have more vitamin C than oranges, fyi.

Kevin

Zinc lozenges and vitamin C.

The zinc really does help, it's not just one of those herbal remedies.

Sleep, and lots of it! I've got a cold right now too, but I can't seem to get a good night's sleep for the life of me. Going to work isn't helping either!

Firebrand:
Sleep, and lots of it! I've got a cold right now too, but I can't seem to get a good night's sleep for the life of me!

I hear ya... Thats where Nyquil comes in handy.. :sleepy:

Bet your over it. But next time try Zicam. Was over mine in 2 days. New record for me.

Prevention is the key.
As soon as I feel a cold coming on, I load myself up with vitamin C and Echnicea with goldenseal. Make myself a hot bath to soak in, and drink hot ginger root tea, then off to la la land. Repeat.

For me I just take some over the counter cold medicine, no home remedies here. What always makes me feel just a little better is to take a hot shower, wrap up in my favorite robe and have a cup of hot tea w/ milk & sugar. I hope you get to feeling better. :D

Back
Top Bottom