Checklist for a DIR harness + accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve had different webbing on another BP/W (Hollis) before I got my current Halcyon. I definitely prefer the Halcyon webbing.

Not sure about the DXG pockets. Primary concern with them is how tight the webbing loops are. If it is too lose, it will slide over a mounted d-ring and you end up with your right pocket hanging in front of you and your left pocket trapping your spg. THe new Dive rite ones have a built in tri-glide to lock them in place, and the old ones have a very tight webbing loop behind the velcro strap.

But waiting to see what you need is also a great idea.

Not sure about the DXG pockets. Primary concern with them is how tight the webbing loops are. If it is too lose, it will slide over a mounted d-ring and you end up with your right pocket hanging in front of you and your left pocket trapping your spg. THe new Dive rite ones have a built in tri-glide to lock them in place, and the old ones have a very tight webbing loop behind the velcro strap.

I'd been thinking I'd use the DGX pockets as trim pockets on the cam bands, which would also let me get a few more pounds of my belt for the time being (i.e. 12-14 lbs rather than 20!). Would this still be an issue? I'd think a weight pocket on a cam band wouldn't really be able to slide around.

It would be less of an issue once you get the tank on and secure, but you will hate swapping tanks if the weight pocket slides around. It also might not fit in tank holders on boats very well, depending on the set up. But that is a common problem with all trim pockets on the back of BCs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom