Check Out My New Wheels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp:
So, I would guess, to put the wheelez beach tires on, you take off the wheels, run the axle through and put the wheelez wheels on?

Longer axles and spacers as crpntr133 said.

Axle rod stock can be found in good hardware stores, but Wheelez carries axles that are pre-machined:

http://www.wheeleez.com/axles.php

Dave C

I assume these fit well in the back of a SUV or truck. Any issues there? My truck has a hard top over the bed that lifts up, but has to be down when driving. I'm thinking it is too tall for this. Any issues with lifting the thing in and out of the vehicle - weight wise? We often take a buddies Suburban and the back is packed full of gear for 4 divers + drink cooler and overnight bags. Four of these might be a little much.

Anyway, great idea. I still think I might look into this. We have been trying to come up with some type of foldable dolly that could carry gear over sand and rugged terrain. This might be the answer, if we could fit 4 boxes in the back of a vehicle.

S. Nagel

almitywife, you can shop online at lowes. it still may be cheaper than you can find around other stores. Lowes sometimes doesn't charge shipping.

Dern, I just purchased the 24" version of this chest not realizing it's not as big as the others. Ohh well, I guess I can use it to... hmmm carry tools if it's not as big as I need! :D

I went to Lowes Friday to get this, and they were out. They did have shelf space marked for the 24 gallon version, but no stock.

So anyone know where one can purchase the 37" version hopefully for under $80? This looks like a great solution to an issue I have which is how to easily transport gear for shore diving. Unfortunately the size I just picked up on Ebay is likely going to be too small.

RonFrank:
Dern, I just purchased the 24" version of this chest not realizing it's not as big as the others. Ohh well, I guess I can use it to... hmmm carry tools if it's not as big as I need! :D

I went to Lowes Friday to get this, and they were out. They did have shelf space marked for the 24 gallon version, but no stock.

So anyone know where one can purchase the 37" version hopefully for under $80? This looks like a great solution to an issue I have which is how to easily transport gear for shore diving. Unfortunately the size I just picked up on Ebay is likely going to be too small.

Just saw the 37" version at Home Depot for $59.99. Looks the same as Dave's (Teamcasa's) larger one with the metal handles.

I'd guess it's 40 gallons or more. It's big and rugged.

Dave C

Just what I've been looking for, but at 26" tall, it won't fit in the back of our truck with the cover down. :(

DiverBizz:
almitywife, you can shop online at lowes. it still may be cheaper than you can find around other stores. Lowes sometimes doesn't charge shipping.

Almity is in OZ. With a container that size, and air shipping it's going to cost a fortune to ship. If they offer cargo rates on a ship, it can take months to arrive.

One option I've considered in the past is just getting a good sized roller cooler.

dave4868:
Just saw the 37" version at Home Depot for $59.99. Looks the same as Dave's (Teamcasa's) larger one with the metal handles.

I'd guess it's 40 gallons or more. It's big and rugged.

Dave C

Thanks, I'll check out HD and maybe locate some other Lowes stores as well. Heck, maybe I'll do something revolutionary like CALLING rather than running all over Denver. :D

I was just taking a hard look at what I purchased, and it's actually 24.1 x 14.8 x 16.5 inches. That MIGHT work, but I think I'd have to remove my wing from my plate. We shall see when it arrives.

Yep I purchased both of mine at Home Depot for about $60.00 each. The older version has the yellow plastic latches and the newer version has the metal latches. The newer version is much better. Everytime I go into HD, they have plenty of them in stock. Im sure one of the larger ones will hold all of your diving gear easily, but it might be too large to take on a plane, mainly I doubt it will slide down the luggage pickup shoots at the airport.

I just picked up the larger version. At 37" long it fits longways into the back of my Outback, but I have to unlatch the back seat, and then it does not latch back in, but close. No problem, I can't do more than two divers with gear, so I can lay the seat down.

This thing is HUGE. I think I could get 2 Al80's, all my gear, and than some into it. Not sure it would handle all that weight well. It's actually bigger than I wanted, but there does not seem to be anything really in between that I've seen, and I've been looking for a while.

For what I paid, it's a deal. And I can use it to store gear in the garage, and get it out of other areas.

I think I'll like it, but we shall find out more this weekend when I head out to the hole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom