Check out my cans baby!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More updates:
Just got done working on some more canisters and before going to bed decided to fire up a new SST-90 LED I got that runs at up to 33 watts... Yes, 33. All I have to say is OMG!!! This thing is bright. This is a video project I am working on and let me tell you, this thing is bright and a perfect flood. Will be building a set of 2 to mount on an OS Systems housing using the dove tail mount system and 2-3.7 volt battery packs of 20,000 mah.

The 27W system is still a dud! I am still waiting on some suppliers to get back with me on some reflector options to tighten up the beam. It could be used as a video light, but at the same price as the SST--- screw the Osram.

More to come!!!

I am in the R&D stages of my DIY video lights for my DIY video housing. Do you mind sharing what reflector, driver, and batteries you are using for your SST-90 video light?

Thanks,
Wet

Ledil Iris optics. Direct drive SST-90 with 3.7v battery pack 20,000 mah LiPo. In direct drive the SST-90 gets 4 amps. Good for 1000 lumens based on manufacturer specs.
The picture shown before was the SST-90 on a power supply.

Brightstar 12W HID... My new project amongst all of the stuff I have going right now!!! Gotta say, the light output of this one is nice! 10 degree beam.

Attachments

• DSC00160.JPG
    DSC00160.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 120
OK, here is one for all the cheap bastards out there... You know who you are, you want quality but you wanna pay the least amount possible!!! lol! I mean that respectfully of course! Hey, that's how I started making stuff.

Alright, so here is a modded Maglite lighthead with a 3-LED reflector, driver set up. Makes a really nice hot spot with light spill around it. I am really impressed with this thing.

I am making one with a 3-LED (pictured) and one with a 5-LED set up.

The three LED set up runs at about 12V and 700-1000ma. You can drive with 3 18650 in series or 10 NiMH. Probably comparable to 10-12W LED... I have a 10D cell NiMH, 6500mah, huge pack if anyone is interested.

The 5LED will run on 2 LiIon 18650 (about 8-volt) at about 2.5 amps. Closer to 15-20W LED. Can get 4 hour run time by using 8 18650 in 2S by 4P configuration.. This will also fit in one of my custom canisters which I have already made and ready for $150. This light has 5 modes. High, low, strobe, etc...

The 3-LED I am asking $120 and the 5-LED $150. Includes PP and shipping in the US.

If you want a fully built light system around these, I think I can get you in one for about $400. Battery, charger, light head, shipping, PP.

Attachments

• DSC00161_1.JPG
    DSC00161_1.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00162.jpg
    DSC00162.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 106
CNC prototype is in the HOUSE!!!
OK, guys, here is a prototype done for me by my CNC guy. Please let me know what you guys think... I think I like it and will become my "signature" look...

Questions:
Is the Bolt Snap mounting point on the back of the light head that big of a deal? I for one am willing to live without it, but don't know about others. Need to please as many people as possible here... Don't wanna lose business due to a small adder.

These will be hard coat anodized and awesome.

Attachments

• DSC00161.JPG
    DSC00161.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 105
No heatsink needed. The head is all aluminum.
I use the P7 and the Cree MCE right now.

Unless you are talking about the Maglites- those are Cree P4 and they come packaged up with drivers and all. Maglite helps to heat sink it.

Questions:
Is the Bolt Snap mounting point on the back of the light head that big of a deal? I for one am willing to live without it, but don't know about others. Need to please as many people as possible here... Don't wanna lose business due to a small adder.

These will be hard coat anodized and awesome.

Looks great.

As for the bolt snap, I would want that tied to the Goodman handle, not the light head itself. JMHO.

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom