Check out my cans baby!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! Are the pipe clamps for holding a magnet in place for your reed switch? Which gland is that, and which charger?

Thanks.
No, the hose clamps are for holding the webbing that goes through your waste strap. I use a standard toggle switch on mine. The gland is the one and ONLY high quality one... Agro!!! The charger is just a universal LiIon charger.

Thanks.
No, the hose clamps are for holding the webbing that goes through your waste strap. I use a standard toggle switch on mine. The gland is the one and ONLY high quality one... Agro!!! The charger is just a universal LiIon charger.

Where do you order them from, if you don't mind my asking? In related news, the Oxycheq DIY parts PDF has started coming up 404 this weekend (or pretty recently anyway).

Oxycheq was the latest. Diverite also has them (diveriteexpress.com). I think Oxycheq was $10-12, DR $15... Salvo had them, they are Light Monkey now.

Charger- Ebay, batteryspace.com
Clamps- Lowe's

Where do you order them from, if you don't mind my asking? In related news, the Oxycheq DIY parts PDF has started coming up 404 this weekend (or pretty recently anyway).

For anyone else who might have been wondering about the status of Oxycheq's DIY parts, they had changed providers and the PDF hadn't been moved over, or some such. It's back up now, though.

Canister taken to 225' without leaks.

Canister taken to 225' without leaks.

They have now gone to 265', the limit of my compressor!!! No leaks, even the $75 one.

Anyone dare to be different... I'm really liking the white. I'm thinking white can with white coated head.... SWEET!!! SEXY!!

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 103
Guys:
Just a quick update on things. I am currently waiting for some more items to arrive, but I should have (2) 12W LED canister lights ready to ship by next week. These will be complete- light, batteries, charger. I have been trying to keep the price as low as possible while keeping quality very high (agro glands, delrin, custom light head, locking latches, etc). It looks like my $400 projection was a bit low. Therefore, I am pricing the 12W at $450 shipped CONUS. It looks like, even at this price, some of the closest retail units are still about $200 higher.

An additional 2 lights will be completed shortly thereafter, I expect a few days after the initial 2 are finished as I am just waiting for a few parts to get them done.

Based on the number of PMs I have received, it looks like these are pretty much ALL spoken for. I would , however, like to know who is really interested so I can be ready to contact you as soon as done.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support. I will be making more of these, so if you don't get one now, get on the list for the next batch... My next goal is to try to get the 27W unit up and running. This one, I hope to bring out for about $800... We'll see.

Last edited:
Very good work 350xfire! I love that you put switches in the groove of canister lid it is much more clean than switch protector like H does. And looks you have nice organised workshop:) . Only these latches are not so good becouse thay have their ends turn up! They are more easy to open by accident so you have to put some rubber tape from car tube over them to cover ends and protect them. I used latches with ends down and at last time with protective bolts.

BTW: I have asked you for price because when I have to order parts like latches , electronics , plastics a lot of money takes post package from other countries , special from Germany which it is nearest to me. In our country we don't have some special shops to buy exact these parts. One shipment from Germany normaly takes arround 17€ and normally you can not buy all parts at one place. And for parts from DE takes arround month to get them!

At my luck I got direct supplier for AGRO glands in Slovenia and cheap :shocked2:amazing!
(once they send to me a gland with metal inner spacer; normaly are they made from thermoplastic which it is not the best plastic for that kind but it is cheap. And of course a hole in gland is for 0,3mm too small :))

Regards !

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom