Check out my cans baby!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: Both black/black are spoken for. Have a red head with black can and a white white left. Of course I can also do red white and white black...
Thanks
b

Ladies and Gentlemen:
The time is finally here when I bring you the 12W LED fully functional and complete... Please see the pics at photobucket.com. Here is the link. I have some comparisons between my $1200 Salvo 21W and the 12W I sell for $450.

[http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee355/350xfire/Cave Light/12W LED Tech Light/

Thanks to everyone that has hung in there.

Next, get the 27W up and running and I am also going to build a 24W HID using a NIMH battery pack I have laying around. Also, I'll have to start diving my own products so the Salvo may need to go on sale soon...lol

The lights look sweeeeeeet!! If you have any left i am really keen on getting one!
Do you have any idea on the shipping cost to Dubai?
I would also be more than willing to pay for you to put the light into a storm case to protect it, no point spending money on a light only for it to be broken when it gets here.......
Cheers

Jon

I am going to the post office tomorrow and will inquire.
Thanks

Cheers - look forward to it!! If posible could you drop me a note on jon294 at hotmail . com with all of the details - much appreciated

Cheers

Jon

Update on things:
Of the three original 12W lights I have a full payment on one and a commitment to buy 2. There is only 1 left black/black.

I finally got my batteires for the 27W LED and should fire it up tonight. Also, I have ordered a few LEDs that are rated at 2500 lumens. These things suck 9 amps at 3.7 volts... That is 3 times the power of the 12W. We'll see how those do.

The 27W LED has a committed buyer in Ireland.

If anyone wants a light, please let me know and we'll start a waiting list. I can start on them with a $100 deposit.

Thanks

27W LED under development. 12 cell battery packs and canister almost done. Head out for threading.
Oh, and last pic is what almost $300 worth of LEDs looks like!!! Almost looks like fine jewelry.

Attachments

• DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00043.JPG
    DSC00043.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 137
A full white one is done... Gotta say, I'm liking it. Sorry for the crappy camcorder still picture...

Attachments

• DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 117
27W Update... I fired the LED up last night and learned a $50 lesson. In a rush to try to get it fired up I burned one of them up. ouch! I got another one fired up and was very disappointed with the results. The relflector I am using gives too much flood. SO now it's back to the drawing board to see what happens.

In the mean time, manufacturing of about 8 12W has begun. First 2 12W shipped out MOnday...
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom