Cheapest certificates in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

primitivepete once bubbled...
Wow, Did anyone else go diving this weekend????

No. Instead, I attended and successfully completed my EFR Instructor course. I'm now fully "qualified" to teach people some of the things that they will need to know after studying under a 90 day wonder, i.e., rescue breathing, CPR, etc...

Notwithstanding this shiny new card, I'm team teaching the course this season so that I can learn from those who have been doing this for years.

Your offer to lead me out of the darkness is so nice.

I have made a general statement asking for people to take the high road. In return three members reply that I am not entitled to take it, including one who, wrongfully, accused me of being a troll.

I have not seen one of you express any interest in taking the high road yourselves. Just some rationalizations for attacking a new member and trying to rip him a new body orfice.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but as said earlier, only a proctologist can help you see daylight again.

If, by taking the high road, you mean kowtowing to the current trend towards substandard diving and pointless rules while pretending that a 90 day wonder is somehow competant to do more than schlep tanks, then I proudly admit it.

However, you can check. I saved the actual ripping for people like you, who have nothing to add to the board.

Well thanks guys. I feel a little more welcome now but if a moderator reads this; after what I have read in this thread I think what this forum would need is a place where flaming is not allowed.
Personally I belive in honesty and being polite even if you are on the internet.
I dont run in to markets or other public places and start shouting that everyone is a idiot or calling people names that i dont even know so why would you do it here?

Anyway. Thank you all for putting things a little more in perspective for me. I didnt know before about the "crash-courses" and the bad reputation they have. I certainly have some more questions for the dive-shops now and I just hope that I will be given a chance somewhere to start off small and get more experience.. to learn as I go along and hopefully one day reach my goal and be someone that people talk about as a respectful instructor and not a crash-course-failure.

I sure will check back with you guys about advice for gear later on as I dont have that much knowledge about that part and most of you seem to really have a good idea about what you are talking about.

DivingJimi once bubbled...
Well thanks guys. I feel a little more welcome now but if a moderator reads this; after what I have read in this thread I think what this forum would need is a place where flaming is not allowed.
Personally I belive in honesty and being polite even if you are on the internet.
I dont run in to markets or other public places and start shouting that everyone is a idiot or calling people names that i dont even know so why would you do it here?

Very well said. welcome aboard.

Anyway. Thank you all for putting things a little more in perspective for me. I didnt know before about the "crash-courses" and the bad reputation they have. I certainly have some more questions for the dive-shops now.....

Don't forget to ask them if their course director kneels on the bottom to look at his compass.

No joke, A new instructor I know was just telling me about the mess her course director made in the water and how he knelt down to use his compass.

...to Scuba Board Jimi... you will find a ton of good information here and we try to eliminate any bad advice that crops up... glad you got past the heat... flames tend to burn away the dross... though we have far fewer flamethrowers than on most boards... certain flamable posters will inevitably get torched over and over. :D

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Perhaps we could replace the number of posts stars, with a flammability rating!

Is that how much the member flames, or how often he gets flamed.

They might give me a rating of 11 out of 10.

leadweight once bubbled...

Is that how much the member flames, or how often he gets flamed.

They might give me a rating of 11 out of 10.

One pair of asbestos underwear is en-route to you:fury::flame:

:wink:

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

No joke, A new instructor I know was just telling me about the mess her course director made in the water and how he knelt down to use his compass.

Lol.. thats pretty funny. A course director? I learned how to use the compass allready in OWD course and there was no kneeling down.. never. But I had a really good instructor in the maldives back then.

Back
Top Bottom