Cheapest airline to Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Looking at different options eg. aisa / red sea etc for a couple of weeks away diving, would be interested in any cheap airlines flying from london to bangkok. had a little surf on the net and the cheapest return seems to be around the £420 mark (inc taxes).... at the risk of being called a cheap skate does anyone know any cheaper?!

are always the cheapest, but you do risk having the flight cancelled if there are not enough people using it from Bangladesh to BKK.
There is also Aeroflot. flew with them about 18 years ago ... interesting

If anyone's interested I did a bit of research whilst I was at 'work'!... you can fly for approx £410 (tax inc) with aeroflot. This does go via moscow though and you have to spend a night there in the airport on the way back.
After what I've been told about moscow airport this might not be such a safe idea!!

DORSETBOY:
If anyone's interested I did a bit of research whilst I was at 'work'!... you can fly for approx £410 (tax inc) with aeroflot. This does go via moscow though and you have to spend a night there in the airport on the way back.
After what I've been told about moscow airport this might not be such a safe idea!!
It's not that bad as it sounds... What is more dangerous - if you don't know the city - is Moscow itself that its airport
And international flights of aeroflot are OK. Simply don't use domestic lines....
The last time I had to spend half of the night there and in fact most of us were foreigners (we were all flying to Mexico) and honestly - it was quite a lot of fun
Mania

I was "required" to leave Moscow once, and flew an old Aeroflot cargo plane from Moscow to Berlin Teigel ... chickens & geese, the "stewardess" lit up a calor gas stove and made coffee. The inflight "meal" was black bread, some sort of sausage and beetroot.

Belushi:
The inflight "meal" was black bread, some sort of sausage and beetroot.

Cool!... they have Scottish chefs onboard?

I live in Thailand. I have to go back and forth from the US often. I would highly reccomend flying EVA air.

I would try to avoid long flights. You can go 15 hours or up to 24. 15 is much easier on the body and is worth an exta $150 or so. If you have any question PM me. I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom