Cheap-ish gear bag for very large fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for an affordable gear bag that's big enough to hold fins, a wetsuit and a BCD. I have a duffel bag that I used in the past but because of my large feet I have rather long fins that don't fit in it properly. My default plan is just to hit up Wal Mart for a cheap larger duffel bag but any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

I personally use a Mares Cruise Elite gear bag... I can fit all my gear on my back with the exception of tanks and weights. My BCD is in the bottom, my fins are up against my back, and my neoprene and other goodies are on top of the BCD in the bag. Never had a problem with this style. My Seawing Novas fit without any problems.

Like this: Mares Elite Cruise Mesh Backpack Bag at scuba.com

Only drawback is that it gets pretty heavy but the mesh helps it drain. I'd highly recommend a mesh bag, they make mesh duffels too.

is this for air travel or for local use?

Air travel. I'm looking or something soft sides that can be stashed away in a small space on a liveaboard.

My bag is unmarked, basic blue and has a hard bottom, wheels and a retractable handle. The handles are sewn all the way around it. Same one for about 10 years now. There's one small 1/2" tear on one corner. It's a slightly heaver canvas than some but it folds flat enough to go under the bunks on any liveaboards I've been on. Mine has a big rectangular pocket on the outside, with a little work I can get my XL fins in it. It's a good bag and light. Someone once told me it's a tennis bag.

I'd post a picture but my buddy borrowed it to go to Fiji, his Akona bag was too heavy. Mine is discontinued but you can find a lot of them on e-bags or wayfair.

If there's a dow

Don't be cheap-ish be stylish.
Your gear bag says something about you. If you carry your gear in an old tennis bag it says, "I like tennis too" If you put it in an old hockey bag, "I like Hockey!" Oh, and it says your cheap-ish too.
Granted my bags aren't for everyone, but if you want a great bag that is uniquely your colors with YOUR NAME rather than HEAD, BAUER or SCUBAPRO, click on my signature link and create your own. If you use the code STYLISH at check-out I will take 15% off the price. This is the only place that code is found.:wink:

Air travel. I'm looking or something soft sides that can be stashed away in a small space on a liveaboard.
Did you ever find the bag you were looking for? Here's an optionIMG_1261.jpg IMG_1262.jpg
We roll them up in our travel luggage to use at the destination. Where it says mysplashbag.com it can be your name.

Don't be cheap-ish be stylish.
Your gear bag says something about you. If you carry your gear in an old tennis bag it says, "I like tennis too" If you put it in an old hockey bag, "I like Hockey!" Oh, and it says your cheap-ish too.
Granted my bags aren't for everyone, but if you want a great bag that is uniquely your colors with YOUR NAME rather than HEAD, BAUER or SCUBAPRO, click on my signature link and create your own. If you use the code STYLISH at check-out I will take 15% off the price. This is the only place that code is found.:wink:

I travel with long blade carbon fins. Moana Waterman Carbon Fiber Freedive Fins

I've used an old soft golf bag but it's to big. The last few trips I just wrap them in paper and packing tape and hand carry them. Do you custom make bags? That' would be unreal. Could you put the Daryl Wong Spearguns logo, Moana fins, Yazbeck wetsuit....dude, everyone would think I'm a sponsored spearfisherman. Too cool. :D (yeah, an old gray haired fart...haha)

But seriously, I would like a custom bag to carry those fins, wetsuit, mask...free dive gear.

Go to E-Bags, ck out their military backpacks; SOC is a good one.......Less expensive than 'Dive' bags, better made and they have way more storage compartments.........

I travel with long blade carbon fins. Moana Waterman Carbon Fiber Freedive Fins

I've used an old soft golf bag but it's to big. The last few trips I just wrap them in paper and packing tape and hand carry them. Do you custom make bags? That' would be unreal. Could you put the Daryl Wong Spearguns logo, Moana fins, Yazbeck wetsuit....dude, everyone would think I'm a sponsored spearfisherman. Too cool. :D (yeah, an old gray haired fart...haha)

But seriously, I would like a custom bag to carry those fins, wetsuit, mask...free dive gear.

Send me the dimensions. how long are the fins and gun. I can make anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom