Cheap Grand Cayman lodging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zebra mussel

Reaction score
We will be returning from Little Cayman to Grand Cayman before our flight out and will have a 2 day layover. I was hoping someone could make recommendations about some relatively inexpensive options for lodging. Dont need pool,spa,etc....just a place that is clean,with a couple of beds and a roof. We will have transportaion,so location is not all that important. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

A couple places you might try:

Seaview - smallish, older motel w/limited rooms. Dive resort owned by TIDivers now - near Georgetown.

Treasure Island Resort - hotel on the south side of Seven Mile Beach. We stayed next door in a condo with shared access, so I've seen their facilities. It's an older place - the outdoor/pool areas were fine but I can't say about the rooms - it had that look of being built in the 70's. I'm guessing it's about the closest hotel to the airport.

Sunset House - the dive resort just south of town. They have good facilities and good shorediving there also. Check their website, they have non-diver daily rates. Bad thing imho is that they're close to the flightpath from the airport.

There's also a couple of chains farther north on SMB. I've never stayed at any of them, but we drove by and they looked like what you'd expect, clean and newer.

Courtyard by Marriot
Comfort Suites
Indies Suites

More info on any of these at www.caymanislands.ky in the Holiday Planner section. Or on Expedia.

Also try Sammy's Airport Inn. It's not oceanfront, but may be just the right place for a day or two in transit.

Confort Inn is good as well as SeaView, there is another small property right at the end of Seven Mile that used to be the Sleep Inn, I believe it is now called the Caymanian (but not sure). If you have transportation, you might want to consider one of the guest houses for some local super friendly atmosphere. Or the Turtle Nest Inn in Boden Town.

The Sleep Inn/Caymanian Inn is no longer, I believe. I think it is a school of some kind now. I believe that is what the sign said when we drove by in June.

carlislere:
The Sleep Inn/Caymanian Inn is no longer, I believe. I think it is a school of some kind now. I believe that is what the sign said when we drove by in June.
It is now used as a residence hall for the medical school. The school has put in a bid for Treasure Island Resort to provide additional housing for their growing student population.

Back
Top Bottom