Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the heads up. Which one did you get and how thich is it? I have a hollis Aug 100 and it is a little thick and decent down to 57°F. I also have a Aug 200 that I have not dove yet because it is even thicker/bulkier than the 100.

I just ordered the 250g garment. I'll let you know how it works out. Based on my readings the quality of the garments has been nice.

I received the garment shipped via FedEx today. Shipping was what I consider to be a fair price considering the size of the box the garment was contained in.

The garment arrived with a carry sack made of a lightweight nylon. I inspected the garment and I was quite impressed. Seams are flat, the zipper is a ykk #6 (I think), dual pull. The cuffs on the ankles and wrists were a nice elastic nylon, it feels quite durable and should last for a fair amount of time. The neck has a shortened collar that will fit nicely under the neck seal of my suit. The collar is made from fleece as well. The material is a soft fleece on the inside, with a stretchy nylon on the out side. I would consider it close to softshell material, but much more porous. Not saying that it is softshell material, just the texture is very stretchy. This is obviously a layered fleece with outer shell. The garment has an attractive pattern on the fabric as well. I could smell that the garment was very much new. The garment is sized 3XL short, here are the specs on it from the auction. Auction Ladies and Gents, this is the FIRST garment/suit that fits me the most correctly of ALL the equipment I have been wearing, and it's the cheapest!! The ONLY complaint, and it is not a big one, it is just a tad short on the torso, giving me something of a mild male camel toe. But it is something I can deal with.
:rofl3:
Fit on the shoulders is PERFECT, chest is PERFECT, legs are PERFECT, belly is PERFECT. I am really impressed by this garment. According to the auction page this garment will handle the same conditions as my pinnacle evolution w/o the bulk. I'm curious to find this out and will do so ASAP. I calculate for a worst case scenario I would wear my lavacore vest under the garment. Last w/e we dove in 48F water, I was perfectly comfortable and could easily have stood MUCH colder. If this garment can go to 45F I will be fine with it. I would have preferred it priced in the $70 range, but hey we don't always get what we want. But we do get what we need. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Mitchell

Although cold tolerance is quite variable from person to person, I am interested to see how you think it performs. The other question is what you wear under the undergarment? Just a base layer of moisture wicking material? Or multiple layers?

spg01, I wear lycra pants, and a REI wicking shirt. I'll keep you posted. And yes "cold" is relative to the person.

I just ordered my first drysuit and I need a good cold water undergarment. Do these undergarments work well in around 40 degrees F? Which one should I get?

Often times I've wanted to attach some thermocouples to someone and have them dive different drysuit thermals to see how they actually perform.

I'd measure water temp, temp inside the suit, and temp at various places on the test subjects skin.

There would be some obstacles to overcome, but it's not rocket science.

BTW- anyone interested in one of the Antarctics in an XL- let me know.

dv:
I just ordered my first drysuit and I need a good cold water undergarment. Do these undergarments work well in around 40 degrees F? Which one should I get?
Ron is more than helpful with information and help with sizing, temps, even does custom sizes/lengths for little (or no ) extra charge

I'll be hitting him up for a warm water garment when lent is up. LOL

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Ron is more than helpful with information and help with sizing, temps, even does custom sizes/lengths for little (or no ) extra charge

Thanks! So glad I found this thread! These undergarments look really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom