Charter for Lake Mead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsigmund

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
To all,
I am going to be in LV for a week the last week of November. Does anyone know of a good charter place to use for Lake Mead?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Do you have any technical diving training?

Steve

Lake Mead Technical Divers

Steve.... I understand that the lake is really down,,,,how far below typical is the lake and how is that effecting the draw for technical diving/ers?

The lake is about 120' below full. It's been dropping about 20' a year for a few years. They've relocated a few of the "wrecks". The lake is over 500' deep at its deepest when it's full. Steve can answer your question as to the effect on the draw for tech divers better than I can, but I would think it might be opening up some different sites to dive. It's just finding those sites. Mead is a huge lake!

Steve, the short answer is no. I am currently in the PADI DSAT program but won't be finished with it before the trip. I was under the impression that there were still places in the lake that were shallower than 130 ffw?

Thanks,
Bill

Do you have any technical diving training?

Steve

Lake Mead Technical Divers

Plenty of dive spots within 130' limit. Try getting with Sin City Scuba Welcome to Sin City Scuba . Good guys. I am pretty sure they are still in business and offer charters for recreational divers.

We don't do any charters for recreational stuff. Give us a ring next time once you have completed some of your technical dive training.

Let me know if you have room for one or two more when you charter?

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom