Lake Mead human remains:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone already dive Lake Mead in Nevada?
So the fourth set of humans remains was just found in Lake Mead, which makes me wonder if there are more to be found?
The bodies were stuck in mud near swimming area. Since these are being found by visitors, rather than police, forensic searchers, I am sure the visitors were quite shocked and dismayed.
I wonder if a systematic search with the right equipment could identify any other human remains, so they don’t keep popping up unexpectedly.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you are looking for closure and the remains can be ID'd as someone you lost), I think that as Lake Mead's water levels continue to drop, this will continue to be an issue.
It does raise an interesting question though about whether any of the remains are from accident/drownings, or if they were all "disposed of". (It is probably a safe bet that the remains which were found in an oil drum were probably the result of "foul play".) Who knows, purely speculation but as the water levels drop, depending on the results of identifying the remains that are found, they might even find Jimmie Hoffa.

Ack! A diver has been lost at Lake Mead diving the Bomber, which is more accessible now that water levels are down. This seems like it may not be a good time to plan a trip after all.

Ack! A diver has been lost at Lake Mead diving the Bomber, which is more accessible now that water levels are down. This seems like it may not be a good time to plan a trip after all.

When did that happen?

Anyways shortly the bomber will be a snorkel trip.

I'm waiting for the ATV tour personally

I'll go but only if it includes a tour the windswept remains of a now uninhabitable Las Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom