Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Missus's nephro suggested we do what he is doing. Wait a little bit for 4 and get the newer one that is coming that is supposed to be better with omicron.
Earliest will be in about another 6 months. I had my fourth 2 weeks ago. I'll get the new one if available then...

I was there last month. No requirements coming in. Get your forms on the plane. Sit close to the front of the plane-they ran out of forms on both flights that I was on this year. They give them to you at arrivals but it slows you down. I bring my vaxx card - never needed it yet.
@tridacna : Thank you for the heads up!

This are the official sites to do the cards. NEVER pay for them. One of the first person, one of the second per family.

Immigration:

Customs: Choose Cancun then Cozumel for the checkpoint:

AFAIK, Mexico only test for pesos Big Poppy.
How soon before arrival can you fill them in? Do any immigration officers give you a hard time with the online forms?

How soon before arrival can you fill them in? Do any immigration officers give you a hard time with the online forms?
Immigration officers haven't had a problem with on-line forms for many years. I don't know how much in advance that you can fill them out. I think that I was about 1 week pre-departure.

Customs forms can't be filled out on-line more than three days before arrival.

The immigration form I believe can be filled out up to 30 days before travel. I did ours last weekend for our flight that leaves on April 27th. Customs is 3 days as of when we were down there in November. We have never had an issue taking the online forms, just make sure they are flat, and not faded or cut off. I always take a couple of copies in case there is an issue with one of the printouts.

The immigration form I believe can be filled out up to 30 days before travel. I did ours last weekend for our flight that leaves on April 27th. Customs is 3 days as of when we were down there in November. We have never had an issue taking the online forms, just make sure they are flat, and not faded or cut off. I always take a couple of copies in case there is an issue with one of the printouts.
Yep. I don't keep a printer at home so I ask my daughter to mail them to me, which can take a week for her to get to, mail, and arrive. I complete the immigration form a month before arrival, download it, and send it to her in a day or two - plenty of time. I also ask her to print a blank customs form and send it in case the plane doesn't have any as they don't always, and finding them while in line can be a hassle.

Yep. I don't keep a printer at home so I ask my daughter to mail them to me, which can take a week for her to get to, mail, and arrive. I complete the immigration form a month before arrival, download it, and send it to her in a day or two - plenty of time. I also ask her to print a blank customs form and send it in case the plane doesn't have any as they don't always, and finding them while in line can be a hassle.
Don, I’m willing to bet that your approach is unique! What do you have against printers?

cyan

Back
Top Bottom