Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Kidding!
Going forward, for vacation travel during cold and flu season, for sure. Who wants to have a runny nose and cough on their Coz dive vacation? I have long made it a habit to wash my hands often and wipe down airplane seatback trays and armrests with sanitizer; adding a mask to these precautions seems like a no-brainer. The pandemic has removed the "weird" stigma; nobody gives someone wearing a mask a second look now.

Give it some more time and everyone will be vaxxed whether they get a jab or not.
Are you actually conflating getting vaccinated with having gotten infected?

What is most unsettling to me is to think what will happen in America when we experience a more serious crisis. It seems half the country has completely abandoned prudence and common sense. Any adjustment we make to confront changing situations is looked upon as an attack on our liberties. Maybe Patrick Henry was correct in a way he never intended.
:uparrow:🤣 Really. We could still be hiding from smallpox and polio. I think the apathy started when measles and mumps vaccines offered to save the world, but much of the herd rejected.

Are you actually conflating getting vaccinated with having gotten infected?
Not quite, as they are different but I see I could have worded that statement better.

It seems that getting covid mostly provides a protection equal to being vaccinated, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Recent studies point to it lasting longer than two shots. But give it time and more studies and it very well might change.

What is really up in the air is how hard it will be on the person who goes that route. But if you are vacinated your concern should not be how hard the sickness effects those who do not take a vaccine.

Anyhow with the current rate of spread, it looks like eventually all will have had it and/or the vaccination.

No Kidding!
What I wonder in cases like yours an Don's is exposure to other sickness and such.

I went on life as normal but with a mask and lots and lots of hand washing and sanitizer but I know I got a few other viruses a few other times as well.

. Any adjustment we make to confront changing situations is looked upon as an attack on our liberties. Maybe Patrick Henry was correct in a way he never intended.

Most people that I know have been vaxxed and many that know I have caught covid at least once and some twice. Many of the people that I personally know have no issue with getting vaxxed. An issue with some seems to be more with a medical card that in many cases had to be shown to go eat, to travel to certain locations, to be entertained, work..ect.

Not quite, as they are different but I see I could have worded that statement better.

Getting covid mostly provides a protection equal to being vaccinated, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Recent studies point to it lasting longer than two shots. But give it time and more studies and it very well might change.

What is really up in the air is how hard it will be on the person who goes that route. But if you are vacinated your concern should not be how hard the sickness effects those who do not take a vaccine.

Anyhow with the current rate of spread, eventually all will have had it and/or the vaccination.

What I wonder in cases like yours an Don's is exposure. I went on life as normal but with a mask and lots and lots of hand washing and sanitizer.
Wow. You edited that pretty quickly! I guess that you do carry your driver's license when you drive. And passport when you travel internationally.

Most people that I know have been vaxxed and most have caught covid at least once if not twice.
This is astounding. Most people I know have been fully vaccinated and boosted, but I know of only a few (5?) who have gotten covid, with almost no symptoms or problems. The only acquaintance I have who has had a problem was one lady with MS who is severely immunocompromised.

Wow. You edited that pretty quickly!
Phone..it sent with other parts that I was intending on responding to separately. Look up for another edit..I should have posted when I got back home.

Phone..it sent with other parts that I was intending on responding to separately. Look up for another edit..I should have posted when I got back home.
You mean the part about not trusting the government giving you a card, right?

This is astounding. Most people I know have been fully vaccinated and boosted, but I know of only a few (5?) who have gotten covid, with almost no symptoms or problems. The only acquaintance I have who has had a problem was one lady with MS who is severely immunocompromised.
I know of a few who have had covid that had almost no symptoms. One of my vaxxed friends, from what I was told, got quite sick and was weak/tired for a long while. Maybe without the vax they would have been in the hospital, its hard to say. As far as boosters and who has had theirs, I have no idea and maybe they are all out of date.

Some of my vaxxed family members have gotten fairly sick. But in the end they are just fine and I'm happy that they got vaxxed as it very well might have turned out differently as they are not so young anymore.

You mean the part about not trusting the government giving you a card, right?
No, I didn't say anything about trust. Look up it's there.

I know of a few who have had covid that had almost no symptoms. One of my vaxxed friends, from what I was told, got quite sick and was weak/tired for a long while. Maybe without the vax they would have been in the hospital, its hard to say.
My son-in-law was not worried about the plague when it first hit, then he, my daughter, granddaughter, and two great-grandkids all came down with it before the vaccines came out. The toddlers weren't bothered by it really, but they still take a lot of care, and my ill daughter was complaining that the SIL needs to get out of bed and help. I wanted to go help, but that would have just made things worse when I went down. Finally, she loaded him up and drove to the hospital to drop him off near the admissions tent. I was very scared but helpless still. He got into a real room after a couple of days, got better a few days later, then finally got to come home. I started breathing easier finally. The adults have since been jabbed thrice each, but I do wish they would stop acting like they're immune now.

I am staying masked. 🎭

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom