Chance to dive the Oriskany for Free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary's the Best!! I am already on your list or I would sign up again!! A few of us are already plotting a trip to the "O" after our AN/Deco/Rec Trimix class at the end of Feb. :)

Gary's the Best!! I am already on your list or I would sign up again!! A few of us are already plotting a trip to the "O" after our AN/Deco/Rec Trimix class at the end of Feb. :)

Thanks Everyone and Denise if ya'll want to book a trip to the "O" on the Cat-N-Around just let me know.

I smell a troll. :no:

Nah...just sounds like some yankee coming in the Deep Dixie Divers forum talking smack. He doesn't know how us rednecks rally around each other. Especially when someone is slamming someone like Gary, who we all know and like.

I am still waiting for what Mat has to say! :rofl3::popcorn:

I smell a troll. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah...just sounds like some yankee coming in the Deep Dixie Divers forum talking smack. He doesn't know how us rednecks rally around each other. Especially when someone is slamming someone like Gary, who we all know and like.

I am still waiting for what Mat has to say! :rofl3::popcorn:

Glen

No one is slamming your buddy Gary. I'm simply pointing out an honest mistake he made, which I commend him for acknowledging, and correcting.

To "rally" around some guy who made a mistake and defend that mistake just because you need to feel like you're part of some dysfunctional group does nothing but perpetuate your own bad decisions. To take this a bit further, when you say things like "I can't wait to hear what Matt has to say" makes it obvious that you don't have enough confidence in yourself, so you need the tacit approval of someone you hold in higher regard than yourself.

If you give this some thought you may understand that I'm really just trying to help you. But you probably won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately there are a few on SB that we have to deal with from time to time, you Idoc are one. I am not really sure why you are trolling in Deep Dixie (since you are not from this geographical area), but feel free to return to your normal forum.

I have dove with Gary's Gulf Divers on many occasions and I know he is a stand-up guy. If Gary says he is going to give away a free Oriskany trip to someone on his mailing list it will be done.

For the record I don't have to morgage anything to dive, I can afford to purchase my gear, training, and dive on my salary.

Nice try at taking a stab at me.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some childish name calling and veiled threats have been removed. Anyone wishing to continue acting like children will find themselves kicked off the playground.

I'll resist the urge to grief-pile on Idoc and just say that anyone who's ever met Gary knows, for a fact, that him pulling a "bait and switch" is like Paris Hilton pulling a 747.... with her teeth....

It's just not happening.

Gary's a great Captain and runs a clean operation. Certainly on my top 3 charter list.

Can she really do that?

Glen

No one is slamming your buddy Gary. I'm simply pointing out an honest mistake he made, which I commend him for acknowledging, and correcting.

To "rally" around some guy who made a mistake and defend that mistake just because you need to feel like you're part of some dysfunctional group does nothing but perpetuate your own bad decisions. To take this a bit further, when you say things like "I can't wait to hear what Matt has to say" makes it obvious that you don't have enough confidence in yourself, so you need the tacit approval of someone you hold in higher regard than yourself.

If you give this some thought you may understand that I'm really just trying to help you. But you probably won't.

It's a "mistake" iin your opinion. No one else seemed to have a problem with Gary's wording.

As far as Glen not having enough confidence in himself, you don't know what you're talking about. His reference to Mat has nothing to do that. But if you were a regular in this forum you would know that.

No mistakes and I see no acknowledgment. What I do see is a whiney poster who's wandered into the wrong region. If you don't like marketing, go close yourself up in a box somewhere. I'm personally thrilled that Gary is going to give someone a free boat ride out to the Oriskany, and I hope he gets some business for his troubles/efforts. If you don't understand and appreciate that, you're beyond help and should really just step away from the interwebs.

idocsteve:
...it obvious that you don't have enough confidence in yourself, so you need the tacit approval of someone you hold in higher regard than yourself.

You don't know Glen and its obvious you haven't even read many of his posts. Confidence isn't even close to one of his short comings.. far from it.

Steve... you on the otherhand, can't even handle the most lighthearted of marketing where someone will swim away with a free dive trip. Thats really sad, and it must suck to go through life always trying to percieve the negatives.

In short, go cry somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom