Chance to dive the Oriskany for Free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No mistakes and I see no acknowledgment. What I do see is a whiney poster who's wandered into the wrong region. If you don't like marketing, go close yourself up in a box somewhere. I'm personally thrilled that Gary is going to give someone a free boat ride out to the Oriskany, and I hope he gets some business for his troubles/efforts. If you don't understand and appreciate that, you're beyond help and should really just step away from the interwebs.

You don't know Glen and its obvious you haven't even read many of his posts. Confidence isn't even close to one of his short comings.. far from it.

Steve... you on the otherhand, can't even handle the most lighthearted of marketing where someone will swim away with a free dive trip. Thats really sad, and it must suck to go through life always trying to percieve the negatives.

In short, go cry somewhere else.

I will summarize your post for you, because hey, that's what I do, I'm nice that way.

The guy is (or was, before he fixed it) advertising "free dives" when he really meant "one free dive to a lucky winner". It would be like a deli advertising "Come inside for your million bucks!" when they really mean "come play the State lottery for a chance to win a million bucks". Watch how fast they'd be shut down.

Now, all of Gary's buddies like supergluebubblegum who I quoted here, will line up like sheep and defend him to the death, and call any "invader to their little home" all sorts of names including *gasp* "crybaby", not because he's right and I am wrong, but it's because that's what friends do. Sort of like lemmings, you know, those little weasels that line up one after another and jump off a cliff just because the guy in front of him did it.

Gary, I just signed up. Thanks for your support.

2.jpg

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Gary's Gulf Divers [/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Welcome! [/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hello. Jason,
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Welcome to Gary's Gulf Divers. We are happy to have you as a member of our community. Your email address and interest preferences have been recorded in our database. In the future, you will receive periodic emails specific to your interests. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Privacy is important to us; therefore, we will not sell, rent, or give your name or address to anyone. At any point, you can select the link at the bottom of every email to unsubscribe, or to receive less or more information. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks again for registering. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sincerely, Gary [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT]

In Reply to your post [post=5710273]#5710273[/post]
idocsteve:
I will summarize your post for you, because hey, that's what I do, I'm nice that way.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Here is my summary for this thread:

:banned:

Hey, it's what I do. :)

The guy is (or was, before he fixed it) advertising "free dives" when he really meant "one free dive to a lucky winner".

Actually, a day of diving the Oriskany usually consists of two or even three dives. Which again, makes his original thread title, completely accurate.

idocsteve:
It would be like a deli advertising "Come inside for your million bucks!" when they really mean "come play the State lottery for a chance to win a million bucks". Watch how fast they'd be shut down.

Its nothing like that. Gary is giving the free dives away, sure theres a limitation there, but so what? Free dives, are infact, getting given away. Gary's not advertising a chance to win by some third party, its all in house.. and you don't even have to buy a ticket.

idocsteve:
Now, all of Gary's buddies like supergluebubblegum who I quoted here, will line up like sheep and defend him to the death, and call any "invader to their little home" all sorts of names including *gasp* "crybaby", not because he's right and I am wrong, but it's because that's what friends do. Sort of like lemmings, you know, those little weasels that line up one after another and jump off a cliff just because the guy in front of him did it.

... rather than lemmings... maybe its glaringly obvious to the masses that you're in the wrong, and you're the one with the problem.

In Reply to your post [post=5710273]#5710273[/post]

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Here is my summary for this thread:

:banned:

Hey, it's what I do. :)

Lulz.

I hope he's still able to read the threads :)

BTW, no more funny avatars? :mooner:

Just signed up, support local business!:banana: Thank you Gary.

Here's how we will draw. On May 28, 2011 we will draw a letter of the alphabet A-Z then we will take all the Divers LAST names that start with that letter and do our final drawing on June 1,2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom