Cebu Diveshops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm, good question mags... Cabilao has greater variety, especially if you're into lil' critters. Both have nice big schools or barracudas but I guess they are more frequent in Balicasag. But why make a choice when can do both in a week trip!!! :mooner:

Not sure about the shack. the one on the East side or on the otherside where that small resort is?

thanks, chip! we're bringing our own equipment in, so it might be a good idea contacting liqui assets, too. anyone here heard of scubaworld in mactan? thanks!

thanks for the info, guys! what do you guys think about scubaworld? from a scale of 1 to 10. 10 as the best, and 1 as the worst. thanks again.

hehehe... I haven't used them for diving, just bought a few things while I was out there. Seem like nice folks.

I should mention, snorkeling at Cabilao should be nice and I suspect most spots, your group could snorkel and dive with maybe the exception of the point off the lighthouse. Really nice shallow corals and walls.

hehehe... I haven't used them for diving, just bought a few things while I was out there. Seem like nice folks.

lol my thoughts exactly pak! :D

@ Norvin: no problem. The scubaworld in Mactan used to be located in the hilton about 2 years ago when I was there, but I believe they moved next door to it. When I saw them operate in 2005 they were not using a spacious bangka but just a speed boat with a top on it. Maybe it has changed. I checked them out before I decided to dive with liquid assets. The thing about Scubaworld in the Philippines is either you love them or hate them (not neccessarily related to diving). Either way, if you decide to dive with them I am sure you will enjoy your diving experience.

As for my personal feelings about scubaworld....I'd rather support a different dive outfit before giving my business to them.

you know what? when i was diving in cabilao, Polaris has this regular sized speedboat with no top on. and while we were doing our 2pm dive, towards the end of it (about 69 minutes) the other DM who acted as a boatman for that dive jumped into the water and free-dove because he couldn't take the heat anymore...

i just remembered now that although speedboats are really nice and fast, it must be hell for the boatman who waits in the middle of nowhere until the divers are done diving.

Just remember to book early or you might not be able to get the accomodations you want... :( *sniff* *sniff*.....

@ Maggs: make a phone call yet? :D

well, did you check ur gmail? i already sent u guys an email. she can squeeze a reservation for two treehouses. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom