Cebu Diveshops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

norvin23

Reaction score
hi guys. about 20 of us from cali are going to be in cebu in jan. about 7 are divers, so our dilemma is picking the right diveshop, and how to accomodate our non-diving friends who want to snorkel. can they snorkel while some of us are diving @ each divespot?

also, can you give me some recommendations on which shop to go with? thanks!

where in cebu will you be? or are you still deciding? no worries - there are plenty of places you can go that will offer you both snorkelling and diving. Just don't make them jealous. :)

particularly where in Cebu? Moalboal, i am informed, is really more of a diving destination. there is also malapascua which is a 5-6 hour trip from Cebu City which has something in store for both divers and non-divers.

but you can go better. Alona, Panglao in Bohol (right across Cebu) has a lot to offer for both divers and nondivers. there are also lots of options for restaurants and there is a reasonable amount of night life. Diving is also superb in nearby Balicasag.

we've already tried moalboal. we're doing mactan this time around. we're also going to panglao, but we have that one taken care of already. we just need some good info around mactan. thanks guys!

Are you folks staying at Cebu (Mactan) or willing to travel? (edit: oops didn't see the response above)

If you base yourselves in Mactan, your group could easily hire out an entire bangka to do day trip to Cabilao or even Balicasag.

I 2nd Balicasag as an excellent diving/ snorkeling spot! Beautiful little island too. With that amount of people, you guys could hire an entire bangka whether you base youself in Cebu or Alona. Talk to the shops like Sea Explorers about a safari...

Here's a pic of Balicasag from a trip last year...
1458625629_02280261de_o.jpg

Norvin, I was staying at Bohol Beach Club at that time, near Alona Beach on Panglao Island and used their shop. Might be better to stay on Alona Beach for a little social life (restaurants etc), only 30min or so from Alona. Thing about Balicasag is you could spend a few days diving there it's that nice!

Try contacting Sea Explorers...
Sea Explorers

pak, i have an off-question for you having been to both balicasag and cabilao.

which one has better diving/dive sites?

I 2nd Balicasag as an excellent diving/ snorkeling spot! Beautiful little island too.

have they, by any chance, repaired their restaurant shack? :blinking: it badly needs some dose of TLC the last time i saw it (which was 2.5 years ago)

wow awesome picture pak!

When I was in Mactan with my family I was able to sneak off and do a couple of dives with Buboy Mancao who runs Liquid Assets dive shop. He took me to some of the house reefs and to Hilutugan, the marine reserve in the area. Just a little bit about Buboy - he's a diving legend around Mactan. He began diving Mactan in the 70s and pioneered the diving around the area.

I also second Pak's recommendation of renting a bangka. My family wanted to rent a bangka the last day we were in Mactan and Buboy offered his boat. Buboy's bangkas are the biggest, most spacious, and best boats in Mactan. We went to Hilutugan and snorkelled - I could have gone diving while my non-diving family snorkelled but decided not to (hey I had to spend some quality time with my family :wink:). We had 2 boatmen help us as well as a cook, who cooked us lunch.

I recommend you contact Buboy if you want to rent a bangka and go diving & snorkelling at the same time around mactan. Liqui Asset's email is liqass@hotmail.com . Unfortunately I do not have a number (my cell phone is in the philippines).

One thing about liquid assests - The rental equipment of the shop isn't newest on the market but it works. Just keep that inmind if you're not using your own gear.

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom