Question CCR w/ history of Heart Attack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean circa 50kg/110# for the backmounted rebreather PLUS one or two stages at 15kg/33# each?

Mine's 46kg/100# fully loaded ready for diving. Plus stages - which is is circa 20kg/44# for Ali80s (with regs) or 15kg for Ali7s with stages.

Plus scooter :cool:

46Kg? Bloody hell. My JJ is about 30Kg with an alloy backplate. Don't need any lead.

You mean circa 50kg/110# for the backmounted rebreather PLUS one or two stages at 15kg/33# each?

Mine's 46kg/100# fully loaded ready for diving. Plus stages - which is is circa 20kg/44# for Ali80s (with regs) or 15kg for Ali7s with stages.

Plus scooter :cool:
Yeah, but you lift all that weight while walking to the water? Mine is 38 kg's max with lead and cannister. I take the scooter and stage first to the water side/boat platform, then put on the ccr and walk with that. Easy enough after having hauled a D12 for years.

Btw, imo diving a ccr is not very different concerning physical aspects. It's different in many other ways.

AJ:
Yeah, but you lift all that weight while walking to the water? Mine is 38 kg's max with lead and cannister. I take the scooter and stage first to the water side/boat platform, then put on the ccr and walk with that. Easy enough after having hauled a D12 for years.

Btw, imo diving a ccr is not very different concerning physical aspects. It's different in many other ways.
It’s more of a waddle than a walk across the boat with 80+kg/170+pounds of dive crap. Of course it assumes the dive boat has a lift. They all do don't they?

Bloody heavy feeling when you climb back on the boat!

Anyway, it’s heavy and you need to be able to lift it. Just part of diving I’m afraid.

It’s more of a waddle than a walk across the boat with 80+kg/170+pounds of dive crap. Of course it assumes the dive boat has a lift. They all do don't they?

Bloody heavy feeling when you climb back on the boat!

Anyway, it’s heavy and you need to be able to lift it. Just part of diving I’m afraid.
I understand, I dive from a boat with a lift wehen diving locally. Did some diving in the red sea with single tank alu80. That's about as much as I want to lift onboard. My rebreather is actually less heavy with ali40 bailout.

Shore diving is no issue.

I would call DAN or find a doctor that is knowledgeable in cardiac issues AND rebreather diving rather than ask a forum for medical advice. If you don't want to call DAN, try Doug Ebersole. He's a heart doctor and a rebreather instructor, he probably can give you some honest and good feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom