Cayman Will Re-Open Borders to Visitors in March 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

Some good news from our Premiere today. Cayman Islands borders to reopen in March - Cayman Islands Headline News

“By March we hope to have successfully vaccinated and protected a sufficiently large number of our population, including all of those at most risk. If we can achieve that target, we should be able to open our borders once again,” McLaughlin stated in his New Year Message.

My wife and I are over 65 and are in vaccination group 1C in Pennsylvania. I don't think we will not be fully vaccinated until sometime in the spring

Vaccinated plus two tests. Phew! I assume yellow books for all.

Requiring a vaccine means that your borders might technically be open but most won't be able to get there until late 2021, per most reports I've heard.

I wonder how this will affect air tickets.

Our March cayman airways tickets have not been cancelled, but you cannot buy the same tickets now. Cayman airways says they have a lot of other ticket to cancel before they get to March. We should have taken the refund.

In the odd event that they are actually open, what will happen to tickets if you can’t get vaccinated by the time of your flight.

In the odd event that they are actually open, what will happen to tickets if you can’t get vaccinated by the time of your flight.

At this point I wouldn't book anything until they actually start accepting visitors, and you've actually receive the proof of vaccination.

Happy for all the small business owners and dive ops that can now see some light at the of the tunnel. They can now start planning. For most of us though, vaccinations will likely not be available until late spring/early summer at the earliest. As much as I love the Caymans, as soon as I am vaccinated and ready to fly again to dive, I will likely fly to another dive destination in the Caribbean that feels more welcoming and doesn't require testing both before and after arrival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom