Cayman Will Re-Open Borders to Visitors in March 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest phoning a Health Department; they may be able to direct you. If a local hospital got a batch and not enough people are agreeing and showing up to take it, and it's got a limited post-thaw shelf-life, they might let you have a dose.

I checked the health department online and they don't have any vaccines yet. :(

I checked the health department online and they don't have any vaccines yet. :(
I also live in Missouri. I was in one of the first groups to get vaccinated about 2 1/2 weeks ago(Pfizer). I was warned of long lines, even though I had an appointment. When I arrived, there was no waiting. Right now, the focus is on healthcare workers and elderly. I think there are more people on the fence about the vaccine than anticipated. My guess is that it will be available to a wider range of people in Feb. The pharmacies, doctor's offices and health department are sort if Purgatory until they can get a better estimate of vaccines available after prioritizing long term care and elderly residents. Personally, I think it will happen sooner than March.

We are definitely looking to get the vaccine when it becomes available. My daughter is 13 years old though and none of them have been tested/approved for kids. For those folks that have been working with the Cayman tourism board, are there any thoughts of if unvaccinated kids would be allowed to travel with vaccinated adults?

We are definitely looking to get the vaccine when it becomes available. My daughter is 13 years old though and none of them have been tested/approved for kids. For those folks that have been working with the Cayman tourism board, are there any thoughts of if unvaccinated kids would be allowed to travel with vaccinated adults?

This issue was raised at the Premier's press conference yesterday. Unvaccinated family members (including children) would have to quarantine for 14 days along with the family.

This issue was raised at the Premier's press conference yesterday. Unvaccinated family members (including children) would have to quarantine for 14 days along with the family.
Thanks for the update. I guess that means that we wouldn't be able to do the Caymans this year. I totally get the reason but had a little bit of hope.

I have an October trip to LCBR booked with 18 of my closest friends. 10 already have first vaccinations. I assume that everyone else will be immune by then. It's the two tests that are a PITA.

That would seem dangerous as kids can carry and pass along the virus the same as adults - so why would they be treated differently when they pose the same risk?

Makes sense!

I have an October trip to LCBR booked with 18 of my closest friends. 10 already have first vaccinations. I assume that everyone else will be immune by then. It's the two tests that are a PITA.
How are the 2 tests a PITA, especially when 1 will be administered on arrival? It will suck if you test positive and have to quarantine - but that’s going to be the risk one must be willing to take when traveling for a while, it appears.

That would seem dangerous as kids can carry and pass along the virus the same as adults - so why would they be treated differently when they pose the same risk?

We are in the same boat as we have a 13 yo. Current talk is that unvaccinated people will have to quarantine with their family group, however the time period may be less than the usual 10-14 day period. This is a deal breaker for us, so we will most likely go to St. Croix or Cozumel this year. The government has talked about allowing the cruise ships back in 2022 because they hope to have everyone vaccinated by then. Good luck and be safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom