Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is sad. They are crushing their dive industry. But I reckon the off shore banking is doing quite well. We have developed quite a few fantastic relationships with folks providing accommodations, restaurants and dive companies that we cannot support (although we gave a bit of donation coin to a few of the dive shops to help keep them going). I’m sure they are frustrated by all this. I know that I am.

Jetblue scammed me over $700 for a group deposit (trip to GC on Oct 2). I had to make full payment by last Thurs or lose the deposit. No flight will go. I’ll fight unsuccessfully to get a refund. They’re scumbags. I hope to update them from scumbags to asswipes by Oct 1 when they officially cancel the flight.

Latest update. Although the CI won't hit their 80% vaccination mark by September 9th, they are supposedly still going to continue with the plan to remove quarantine restrictions for securely verified vaccinated travelers as planned in October. Gov't moves 80% vaccination rate target date to 14 Oct.

Latest update. Although the CI won't hit their 80% vaccination mark by September 9th, they are supposedly still going to continue with the plan to remove quarantine restrictions for securely verified vaccinated travelers as planned in October. Gov't moves 80% vaccination rate target date to 14 Oct.

Be interesting to see how they treat vaccinated US travelers who don't have "verified" status. TCI tried that for exactly one day then relented.

Be interesting to see how they treat vaccinated US travelers who don't have "verified" status. TCI tried that for exactly one day then relented.
Hopefully they will relent and at the very least allow additional digital apps. For example, VAXYES and CLEAR are able to verify different health systems, pharmacies and states compared to SMART health cards. I predict that we will need multiple apps for different countries and venues. I've already got two that I opted into.

So I've seriously gone down a rabbit hole on this over the past week or two on digital vaccine certifications. The CommonHealth App / Pass is where I'm putting my money on.

If your provider is in the CommonHealth network (the list is here: Partner Organizations — CommonHealth) you may be able to get your digital records in the CommonHealth App. Even better, if they're using Epic (MyChart), you may be able to get a SMART Health card in the near future.

For me, although I was vaccinated through the DOH in Florida, and they are not playing nice with others due to politics, my records are in one of the CommonHealth providers on the list and I have been able to download my vaccination records into the app. That data clearly shows my vaccination status, but I am not able to get a SMART Health card (yet). However, I called in some favors and spoke to the IT team at my provider and they told me the SMART Health QR code should be available to me within 6 weeks. Enabling the functionality to create SMART Health cards involved their legal team (contractual / HIPAA type stuff had to be signed) and it is in their schedule to roll-out the functionality at end of September/early October. I'm willing to bet many of those providers listed, that cannot generate QR codes today, are in the process of getting there too.

They’re scumbags. I hope to update them from scumbags to asswipes by Oct 1 when they officially cancel the flight.
Its no doubt been a frustrating time for all trying to travel, but what is the basis for your rant against Jetblue? Are they doing anything contrary to what their policies were when you booked the flights? I have had nothing but good experiences with JB. I have had flights cancelled or changed with United and Delta in the past 18 months and when requested I received refunds, each time in 3 days or less. Did you buy a fare that was refundable at anytime any reason? I assume you can cancel and at least rebook and use the credit for a future flight. You mentioned group and deposit. Did you purchase under specific terms for groups that let you place only a deposit with restriction on change and refund?

Just curious. I gave up on '21 dive trips because I got tired of rebooking and all that hassle. TK

Its no doubt been a frustrating time for all trying to travel, but what is the basis for your rant against Jetblue? Are they doing anything contrary to what their policies were when you booked the flights? I have had nothing but good experiences with JB. I have had flights cancelled or changed with United and Delta in the past 18 months and when requested I received refunds, each time in 3 days or less. Did you buy a fare that was refundable at anytime any reason? I assume you can cancel and at least rebook and use the credit for a future flight. You mentioned group and deposit. Did you purchase under specific terms for groups that let you place only a deposit with restriction on change and refund?

Just curious. I gave up on '21 dive trips because I got tired of rebooking and all that hassle. TK

I paid a deposit for a group. They wanted full payment for the entire amount 60 days prior to departure despite the fact that GC is effectively closed to tourists and the flight won’t take off. I refused. Deposit is now lost even if they officially cancel the flight which they will do the day before it’s due to depart. Part of responsibility is on Cayman with their wishy washy bs policies.

And in part yours as well in fairness if you knew the terms and booked during the pandemic when the island was closed.
Did they give you the option to reschedule/rebook? That would have been the decent thing to do.

We went thru the same thing with all our cayman airways tickets. Third go around, we just opted for a refund.

I wonder how many other people jet blue has done that to.

Back
Top Bottom