Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So with the new CDC recommendation to get a booster for the vaccines, are we going to see the Caymans finally reach their long sought after vaccination goal...only to have them turn around and say they can't reopen until they get everybody who was vaccinated months ago their booster shots? Seems like a never ending cycle of closure with new goals in their future if they intend to only open when some magical percentage is treated with a vaccine that doesn't prevent catching the disease or transmitting it to others.

And in part yours as well in fairness if you knew the terms and booked during the pandemic when the island was closed.
Did they give you the option to reschedule/rebook? That would have been the decent thing to do.

No assumptions please. This was originally booked in Oct 2019 - pre-pandemic. I had bookings with United and Delta for different locations. Deposits were refunded. F Jetblue. Scumbags.

I am trying not to but i have asked some questions but you didn't answer some of them and I am having trouble understanding why you are so angry with jb.
So are you saying you booked this trip in 0ct '19 for Oct '21 on jb?

I am trying not to but i have asked some questions but you didn't answer some of them and I am having trouble understanding why you are so angry with jb.
So are you saying you booked this trip in 0ct '19 for Oct '21 on jb?

If answering your questions gets me closer to a refund, I’ll happily do so. Else the Spanish Inquisition is third door to the left. Past “arguments” and opposite “bad customer service”.

If answering your questions gets me closer to a refund, I’ll happily do so. Else the Spanish Inquisition is third door to the left. Past “arguments” and opposite “bad customer service”.
Got it, you just like to complain. Say no more

No assumptions please. This was originally booked in Oct 2019 - pre-pandemic. I had bookings with United and Delta for different locations. Deposits were refunded. F Jetblue. Scumbags.
Agreed - why demand payment in full when the borders are currently closed? JetBlue was being idiotic here - very poor customer service!

Got it, you just like to complain. Say no more

What part of this didn't you understand? Are you just trying to dogpile here? Either you're dumb. (I know untrue). Or you're trolling. Entirely possible.

"I had bookings with United and Delta for different locations. Deposits were refunded."

Here we go, the target gets moved again. I've lost count of how many times this has happened.. Note that the vaccination rate has not moved at all in the past two weeks. (It's high but apparently not high enough).

Gov't moves 80% vaccination rate target date to 14 Oct.

Can you see my shocked face? Least surprising news I have read this week...

I spoke with a local dive shop owner this week and he told me that tour operators have been informed that the Cayman islands will open to tourists on January 22, 2022, but he said that he "doesn't expect it to really happen."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom