Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now all they have to do is to change the exit requirement from infection and isolation to a negative antigen test or set number of days after initial diagnosis or absence of symptoms. A PCR test can be positive for weeks to months after initial infection, even though the patient can be recovered and non infectious. More clarity needed on PCR testing for release from isolation.
Exactly - requiring a negative PCR test to exit isolation (if you got sick there or tested positive on the exit test for return to the US) is still problematic - but this is a big step in the right direction!

Exactly - requiring a negative PCR test to exit isolation (if you got sick there or tested positive on the exit test for return to the US) is still problematic - but this is a big step in the right direction!
Having the US drop the negative test to return to the US would go a long way toward solving this issue and unless you are really sick I can see people just not bothering to test themselves while on vacation in the Caymans. Anyway as you say, It is a step in the right direction for a lot of us that might be sitting on the fence about traveling to the Caymans. Be safe

Having the US drop the negative test to return to the US would go a long way toward solving this issue and unless you are really sick I can see people just not bothering to test themselves while on vacation in the Caymans. Anyway as you say, It is a step in the right direction for a lot of us that might be sitting on the fence about traveling to the Caymans. Be safe
I think if you are sick they will test you and if the test is positive then they will isolate you until the test is negative. You won’t even be able to get to the airport to go anywhere. Nothing to do with US return, which I would choose an antigen test as opposed to the PCR test.

The answer is that you will be confined to your room for the next 10 days. Cost is $250/night. You require a negative PCR test before being released. If you have a pool view room, you’re stuck; if you have an ocean room, you can walk about on your patio. Get Covid insurance else it will be expensive.

Things will change but that’s what’s current now. Sucks!

You might consider how long it may take to test negative on a PCR test following a positive test - maybe months?

Cleveland Clinic says,

How long do you test positive after having had COVID-19?

Because the PCR test is so sensitive, it can detect very small amounts of virus material. This means that the test can continue to detect fragments of SARS-CoV-2 virus even after you’ve recovered from COVID-19 and are no longer contagious. So you may continue to test positive if you've had COVID-19 in the distant past, even though you can’t spread the SARS-CoV-2 virus to others.

Could cost you some cash

I booked LCBR for Nov/Dec. If they’re still insisting on a PCR in September to leave quarantine, I will unbook.

This is awfully good news for the trip I'm leading in April to Cobalt Coast with (28!!) people. Been rescheduled 4 times already (original was April, 2020). The thought of trying to get 28 people through the process of 4 tests with no negatives was giving me nightmares. There's still the possibility of someone testing positive the day before return and having to quarantine, but at least that will be the end of the trip. Maybe by April, CDC will drop that re-entry requirement for vaccinated US citizens. One can dream.

If you're worried about the U.S. re-entry requirement....just go thru Mexico. That border is WIDE open!
(sorry, I just had to vent)

You mean by land? Otherwise explain…?

If you're worried about the U.S. re-entry requirement....just go thru Mexico. That border is WIDE open!
(sorry, I just had to vent)
Sad… but quite true (and no Covid test required)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom