Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The answer is that you will be confined to your room for the next 10 days. Cost is $250/night. You require a negative PCR test before being released. If you have a pool view room, you’re stuck; if you have an ocean room, you can walk about on your patio. Get Covid insurance else it will be expensive.

Things will change but that’s what’s current now. Sucks!
Yeah, I wouldn't plan to go anywhere out of the country without covid insurance for the foreseeable future as long as we are requiring negative tests to return home. It is just interesting to me that with the research on the value of elevated Vitamin D levels relative to covid severity that we force people to stay indoors for the duration of most quarantines.

The answer is that you will be confined to your room for the next 10 days. Cost is $250/night. You require a negative PCR test before being released. If you have a pool view room, you’re stuck; if you have an ocean room, you can walk about on your patio. Get Covid insurance else it will be expensive.

Things will change but that’s what’s current now. Sucks!
Been to LCBR several times. Vaccinated, boosted. But no way am I going with this as a possible result !!!

Yeah, I wouldn't plan to go anywhere out of the country without covid insurance for the foreseeable future as long as we are requiring negative tests to return home. It is just interesting to me that with the research on the value of elevated Vitamin D levels relative to covid severity that we force people to stay indoors for the duration of most quarantines.

Curious. What research is that regarding elevated Vit D levels and Covid severity? The Israeli study?

Yeah, the Israeli one was the most recent, and I think largest of the ones that seem fairly definitive. Pre-infection 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 levels and association with severity of COVID-19 illness But there were several less definitive early on that suggested a correlation between low Vit D and more severe Covid progression.

But is it the vitamin D that is fighting COVID, or is it that people with high vitamin D levels are participating in more outdoor activities and are thus healthier overall?

That being said, I've noted the chance of being locked in a hotel room for days on end is one of the reasons I've avoided international travel throughout 2021, after the US implemented the return testing. Throughout 2020 I went to Mexico for cave diving, as there were no testing requirements.

But is it the vitamin D that is fighting COVID, or is it that people with high vitamin D levels are participating in more outdoor activities and are thus healthier overall?

That being said, I've noted the chance of being locked in a hotel room for days on end is one of the reasons I've avoided international travel throughout 2021, after the US implemented the return testing. Throughout 2020 I went to Mexico for cave diving, as there were no testing requirements.
Yeah, I think there is still a lot to be learned. Is it that people with higher vit D are more likely to be active and therefore healthier? Who knows? I already take 4000 IU per day because I have MS. But I do find it interesting how much the practice of quarantines have been enforced as indoor only.

Government just announced no more testing required on days 2, 5 and 7. Still need lateral flow test the day before to get into the country and negative test the day before leaving to get back into the US (required for any foreign travel, not just Cayman Islands).
That’s huge. Thanks for the update.

Now all they have to do is to change the exit requirement from infection and isolation to a negative antigen test or set number of days after initial diagnosis or absence of symptoms. A PCR test can be positive for weeks to months after initial infection, even though the patient can be recovered and non infectious. More clarity needed on PCR testing for release from isolation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom