Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

these are some great pics.

going to GC for 1st time in November. What lenses would you reccomend? seems to be a lot of macro.

Where are you going to stay and dive? I've been posting a lot of macro shots, but there are a lot of phenomenal wall dives with beautiful pinnacles out on East End. For that and for the north wall you'd typically want a wide angle or fisheye lens. It was really unusual for me to shoot macro up in the Bablyon/Julie's Wall area, but I did today. I'd normally be doing wall and swim thru shots. I'll have to dig further into photos and start posting some up. I think you'd find that Cayman is typically known more for wide angle than macro, but there are a lot of great macro opportunities.

What camera do you have?

PICT0065.jpg

Spotted trunkfish Angelfish Reef ..CB 2011

7883864040_53e1b9cdd5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm a crappy photographer, but I love this thread. Here's a pic from Cobalt Coast, June 2011

P6160038.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:43 AM ----------

OK, last one from me. Still not a good pic but I like the composition. Cobalt Coast June 2011

P6160059.jpg

Edit: there are several fish among the corals and sponges. I was just lucky to catch one of our divers in the background. She does have good trim though :thumb:

Last edited:
I'm a crappy photographer, but I love this thread. Here's a pic from Cobalt Coast, June 2011

View attachment 134136

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:43 AM ----------

OK, last one from me. Still not a good pic but I like the composition. Cobalt Coast June 2011

View attachment 134137

Gator, could this be the same tube sponges??... from Cayman Brac, forget which dive site...Think they called it ?27 sponges, but yours is a lot more...lol

EDIT--on 2nd thought, don't think so....

7887235912_676409df92.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not the same sponges. I need to start using some lights and maybe a red filter.

Not the same sponges. I need to start using some lights and maybe a red filter.

Definitely a strobe would bring out more--that & a good PS place, lol.......I've really started enjoying LR I got last year..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom