Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kittiwake

My bride alongside the artificial reef formerly known as the USS Kittiwake. May, 2015

P5160825.jpg

Diver 85, you have so many really beautiful wide angle reef scene photos. I may have asked this before, but if I have, I have misplaced the answer. What shutter and aperture settings are you generally using and what do you have for lighting on those photos? I have a trip coming up in about a week and a half, and I really want to try to improve the quality of those kinds of shots when I take them. Thanks!

AD-----thanks so much for the kind words..........I shoot a Canon S95 in a FIX housing with twin S&S YS 110s......I ALWAYS(well almost always) have my camera on Macro in Manuel mode using(mainly) F 5.6 and speed of 1/160th.....If you'll go to my Flickr page(linked below) and click on my 5 days @ Brac & 1 day off Little Cayman from last Oct, 2014, each individual picture's settings will come up on each photo, be sure & click 'SHOW EXIF' to get everything(when you're on an individual photo)..........Hope this helps---&--have a great trip, I'm already jealous..:)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets

EDIT.....:..& as you can tell, I LOVE shooting WA---vs marco, even though I carry a macro lens that I can change out UW....

EDIT 2...you can click on any picture that is posted in this thread & it will go to the individual pic @ Flickr & you can get the info that I was talking about......again, good luck, we want to see some more pretty sights from there.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom