Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry no pic, but 3 days until we head down for two weeks. I will try to post something every day here..

Have fun, where are you staying?

Sorry no pic, but 3 days until we head down for two weeks. I will try to post something every day here..

Ah, found my 'replacement'....have a great trip.........Brac day 5....Oct 2014......

15697641837_81503e1f65_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_1234 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

15695932418_534929e70d_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_1236 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

They moved this sub from Georgetown. My wife and I took this sub down to nearly a 1000 feet.

C'iac----below 300, what did ya'll see??.........

C'iac----below 300, what did ya'll see??.........

This is a photo I took just before we entered the sub, you can see the inflatable on the edge of the photo, we entered through the top and I sat side by side with my wife in front of the bubble.

It seemed like a Disney ride as we descended, it just kept getting darker and darker until it was black, past 900 ft. the sub operator turned on the outside lights and we could see the wreck of the Kirk Pride perched on the edge of oblivion just above us.

We toured the wreck and moved around it looking at the rusticles, not mush marine life at this depth.

We then moved off from the wreck and could see stalked crinoids ( I have a photo some where), also numerous spiral like gregorians adhering to the bottom. We move up 600 (not much)to nearly 400 -300 (blaring color)where the sponge belt began. Sponge beauty like I never saw before with the lights of the sub blaring into the now barely blue nothingness above the sponges. I have no photos of this sponge belt. We saw a few species of deep water lobster that I never saw before. There were more fish near the sponge belt. From 300 up the reef started, I can honestly say I was impressed, who gets to see this kind of stuff? Plenty of fish from 200 up.

This is a photo I took just before we entered the sub, you can see the inflatable on the edge of the photo, we entered through the top and I sat side by side with my wife in front of the bubble.

It seemed like a Disney ride as we descended, it just kept getting darker and darker until it was black, past 900 ft. the sub operator turned on the outside lights and we could see the wreck of the Kirk Pride perched on the edge of oblivion just above us.

We toured the wreck and moved around it looking at the rusticles, not mush marine life at this depth.

We then moved off from the wreck and could see stalked crinoids ( I have a photo some where), also numerous spiral like gregorians adhering to the bottom. We move up 600 (not much)to nearly 400 -300 (blaring color)where the sponge belt began. Sponge beauty like I never saw before with the lights of the sub blaring into the now barely blue nothingness above the sponges. I have no photos of this sponge belt. We saw a few species of deep water lobster that I never saw before. There were more fish near the sponge belt. From 300 up the reef started, I can honestly say I was impressed, who gets to see this kind of stuff? Plenty of fish from 200 up.

Very cool post. If you can dig up some more of those pics, throw them up!

The first time I went to Cayman, I bought a guidebook and they mentioned this sub trip. I was really looking forward to it, but once I arrived I was told they stopped running it. Too bad. I would've loved to do that!

Great pics on that sub ride-------keep em coming....

Last 2 for a while(but I'll be back)...........Brac Oct 2014........

EDIT.:.C'iac, remember when I thought this thread wouldn't hit a 1000 posts(was stalling out in the 900's)---------well looky looky, the next post will be # 2000!!!.....Ya'll keep it rolling......

15887420615_c1daf1af2c_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_1238-003 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

15888392292_39ebef12a9_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_1241 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom