Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another 'map' shot: the Brac's Radar Reef (northside):

And the red line indicates the old telephone cable that runs from the Brac over to either Grand Cayman or Jamaica (I've heard both)...and points roughly north (to the left). Shore diving entry/exit (next to the pier) would be down in the lower right corner.

-hh

I can hear Ian saying "and remember to always love your buddy" in that thick English accent as he's pointing the the "heart buddy."

Every single time I see that cable, it ALWAYS makes me think of Jaws II.

Blue tang @ CB...2011

7922936056_cf84f65f90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1026.jpg
Peek-a-boo! Little Cayman

Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 10.22.38 PM.png

Testudo, did you get any pics with them 'opened up'??.......It's amazing the difference, I always think they look like big crickets like that.....This is one NOT---repeat NOT--from the Caymans(sorry for breaking the rules ???--)..Taken on Dominica a couple years ago......

7653305668_30b8d91722.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Testudo, did you get any pics with them 'opened up'??.......It's amazing the difference, I always think they look like big crickets like that.....This is one NOT---repeat NOT--from the Caymans(sorry for breaking the rules ???--)..Taken on Dominica a couple years ago......

7653305668_30b8d91722.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any good open "wing" shots. Some were blurry and others out of focus, plus my battery was almost gone when I came across them. I rarely come across Flying Gurnards, so was happy to get any shots. Yours is awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom