Cayman Brac Dive Vacation, May 24-31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobahdood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all! I have been reading as much as I can find on this forum about CB. I haven't been there before. There is a lot of great info!! From what I read, I should have an awesome time! :D I am staying at the CB Reef Beach Resort and diving with their dive operations, Reef Divers. I'm doing a 17 dives, all food, a dive video, package deal. :14:

I am a little confused on the luggage restrictions. I believe that if you are on a larger plane like Cayman Aiways, then you are allowed 2 checked bags at 55 lbs each and a carry-on. But if you are flying to CB on a 'island hopper' smaller plane then it is one bag at 55 lbs. I am booked on Cayman Airways for all legs of the flight, I'm guessing I won't have a problem with by luggage. I will have a dive bag of my gear, a clothes & etc. bag, and then a carry-on with mask,reg, and other stuff.

Any other travel advice or comments on CB or the resort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Larry
Happy Diving Everybody!!

I have been to Cayman Brac Beach Resort numerous times. The Brac and Little Cayman haev some of the best diving in the Caribbean. You won't be disappointed!

When I flew the hopper flight several years ago they only weighed the checked bag. My carry-on did not count. We got separated from our bags for a half day so make sure your carry-on has the essentials.

You are going to have a great time. I was there around the first of the year. the resort is nice and the food is awesome. Reef divers is one of the best dive operators I have dove with. They are very professional, friendly, and provide great dive briefings.

As far as luggage goes, I did not have any problems but my carry-on was taken and put in the back with the rest of the luggage. It worked out fine but I did worry about my camera gear a bit.

Have fun.

My wife and I flew Cayman Air to the brac a few years back. The same luggage guidelines applied as it did for the stateside part of the trip. No worries. have a great time we did!

Oh yeah the snack was fried plantains delicious!

I believe that if you are on a larger plane like Cayman Aiways, then you are allowed 2 checked bags at 55 lbs each and a carry-on. But if you are flying to CB on a 'island hopper' smaller plane then it is one bag at 55 lbs. I am booked on Cayman Airways for all legs of the flight, I'm guessing I won't have a problem with by luggage.
The island hopper is also Cayman Airways. (It used to be a different airline, but not anymore.) So you need to verify what plane you are on for the hop to CB as it could be either. Just because it's Cayman Airways doesn't mean you're on the big plane.

The island hopper is also Cayman Airways. (It used to be a different airline, but not anymore.) So you need to verify what plane you are on for the hop to CB as it could be either. Just because it's Cayman Airways doesn't mean you're on the big plane.

Thanks! Good to know!!! I thought the island hopper was called Turtle something. But now I know i need to check on the type of plane for the trip. Greatly appreciate the info!! :D

You’re on the Saturday-to-Saturday schedule. If your flights to/from Cayman Brac are flights 105 and 102, then you’re not on the twin otter. We fly those flights every year.

You can find detailed Cayman Airways baggage info at:
- Check-in Information

All of the Twin Otter flights have four digit flight numbers, the jet flights have three, like the numbers knotical shows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom