Cayman Brac Dive Vacation, May 24-31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You’re on the Saturday-to-Saturday schedule. If your flights to/from Cayman Brac are flights 105 and 102, then you’re not on the twin otter. We fly those flights every year.

You can find detailed Cayman Airways baggage info at:
- Check-in Information

Those are it!! Thanks!!!

Maybe you saw "Sir Turtle" which is Cayman Airways logo, that cartoonish turtle with the scarf.

That is probably it! I'm a :dork2: :) I really don't care what it is called as long as it gets me from here to there!! j/k :D I like the "Sir Turtle" logo. Will probably buy some souvenirs with the logo on it! :14:

When I flew the hopper flight several years ago they only weighed the checked bag. My carry-on did not count. We got separated from our bags for a half day so make sure your carry-on has the essentials.

The old "puddlejumper" airline was Island Air, and they frequently didn't weigh your carry-ons.

However, on the current puddlejumpers ... Twin Otters run by Cayman Airways Express ... on more than one occasion, I have had them weigh my carry-ons and proceed hit me up for overweight baggage fees ($0.50/lb each way).

The most recent instance was IIRC last fall, where we were scheduled to be on the Saturday 737 Jet flight (102), but they changed the itineary by cancelling the jet, putting us all on a Twin Otter replacement flight.

Cayman Airways TRIED to hit us up with overage fees, and fortunately for all of the other tourists behind us in line, we said to the Desk:

"We were scheduled to be on the Jet, and this baggage is within its limits, so if you're going to charge anyone for overages, you're going to go charge the JET, not me".

All of the other passengers in line behind us heard this, and when it was their turn at the counter, they said: "What he said!".

-hh

I like the "Sir Turtle" logo. Will probably buy some souvenirs with the logo on it! :14:

While you're on the Brac, if you visit the visitor's center (on the North side, just west of the airport), they have Sir Turtle keychain fobs available for free.

Say "Hi" to (IIRC) Terry and Mitzie for me (ask Mitzie how her baby's doing); tell them we'll be back down in the Fall.

-hh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom