Cayman Aggressor V becomes the BVI Aggressor, IV returns to Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
1645719693273.png

1645720420359.png

Sweet! Both are destinations I would like to do by liveaboard. I did a week on Cayman Brac, which I loved, but prefer more than the 3 dives a day offered at CBBR.

Sweet! Both are destinations I would like to do by liveaboard. I did a week on Cayman Brac, which I loved, but prefer more than the 3 dives a day offered at CBBR.
I agree with you regarding the 3 boat dives per day done by Reef Divers in Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, and Grand Cayman. At Cobalt Coast, the diving can be easily augmented by shore diving, assuming the conditions are conducive. On Grand Cayman, Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers offers 4 boat dives per day, also a couple of night opportunities. If I ever return to Cayman Brac, I might use Brac Scuba Shack and do shore diving in the afternoon.

My trip on the Cayman Aggressor V in 2018 had pros and cons Trip Report - Cayman Aggressor V, November 24-December 1, 2018 In general, I would suggest doing the Caymans as a land-based trip, better and more varied site selection, perhaps the leading reason.

Like @Trailboss123 I have never dived the BVI, it looks like a very attractive new opportunity. I can easily see giving it a try in the next few years.

The price for the 2022 BVI trip is $3095 in a twin stateroom. The beds are side by side vs bunks, which I really like.

I am strongly considering booking for later this year (maybe November?) but flights are a little wonky. From Detroit, it would be two stops and 12 hours of travel. Seems like Silver Airways has the hold on the EIS airport? Every booking I find has them as partner airline for the last leg.

Still hate the idea of them driving the boat back and forth between SCTLD waters on GC and the pristine reefs off LC and CB without any special cleaning once a week, but I guess it is what it will be. I guess if SCTLD shows up on the Bloody Bay Wall at Randy's Gazebo first, we will know where it likely came from.

Still hate the idea of them driving the boat back and forth between SCTLD waters on GC and the pristine reefs off LC and CB without any special cleaning once a week, but I guess it is what it will be. I guess if SCTLD shows up on the Bloody Bay Wall at Randy's Gazebo first, we will know where it likely came from.

I understand your concerns and I share them, but there are also other boats traveling between the Cayman islands, including the weekly supply barge.

I understand your concerns and I share them, but there are also other boats traveling between the Cayman islands, including the weekly supply barge.
Understood, and it may not matter in the end...but the difference in my eyes is that the Aggressor is going out on GC and sitting over reefs directly affected by SCTLD, then driving over to LC and mooring over one of the finest dive sites in the western hemisphere. The barge is not tying up to Nancy's Cup of Tea or Randy's Gazebo every week.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Back
Top Bottom