Cave Trip 2-20 thru 2-22-9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, i'm a fairly new cave diver so i've never seen peacock 1 with duckweed or that algae in little river - way cool pics, and great report, mat!

Both were new to me too Baby Duck!

Drysuit is a ways out for me! Even more so with this economy, anyone hiring? :D

I do fine wet until I rack up more than 10 minutes of deco, then I get cold. Doing 20 minutes of deco really really sucks though. I have a hoodvest, it makes a big difference, but I rarely use it :p

I seem to recall hearing that somebody has even given bugman a dry suit.

LOL, yeah, I need to size it up, make sure it fits, and start getting seals and valves replaced.

Every time I see you in the water I feel bad for you... for a split second anyway :crafty:

Yes I thought I caught a glimmer rather than a shimmer in your eye when TecGirl and Bamamedic hit ABWA in their bikinis while you looked like you were fixing to go feed the polar bears in all the layers you had on.:D

wow, i'm a fairly new cave diver so i've never seen peacock 1 with duckweed or that algae in little river - way cool pics, and great report, mat!

I was surprised to see the duckweed on P1 & P3 also. Forrest said he'd seen it before, but that it had been a very long time. Any plant scientists on here? Perhaps the flooding introduced higher levels of nitrates, and now that the water levels are back down, the duckweed was able to gain a foothold. From what I've read, it needs both nitrates and still water to spread. Very curious!

I'm no plant expert...

...but I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

That being said, I'm guessing(totally no scientific basis to back this up) that when the water levels pick up and flow increases in P1, it'll be able to move onto P2 and P3. Right now, there's nowhere for the duckweed to go.

Back
Top Bottom