Cave instructor - Mayan riviera - recommendation, Please and Thank you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same project in about 1 y to go ahead to be trainined in Mexico
and here is so far my Google map about interesting (please correct me if you have better point of view) Dive centers:

- part of the best cave diving instructors / guiding/coaching experiences in the area
- Backmount+ Sidemount, Technical, DPV Cave training
- DIR friendly
- really fun experiences / not always the same cenotes/caves, have local as guide

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VbckuRWWJtOCtr2g7TgQK8jWSaTlnNX9&usp=sharing

edit: I gonna add recommendations from this thread too.

Last edited:
I just finished my intro to cave with Kelvin Davidson during the last week in Tulum. Went there with my buddy who dived sidemount, I was in backmount. Thanks for the advice on the board, it was spot on. Kelvin’s style, personality, and quality of instruction are truly outstanding and I am glad I could benefit from it.

I just finished my intro to cave with Kelvin Davidson during the last week in Tulum. Went there with my buddy who dived sidemount, I was in backmount. Thanks for the advice on the board, it was spot on. Kelvin’s style, personality, and quality of instruction are truly outstanding and I am glad I could benefit from it.

Glad things went well. Kelvin is one of the best instructors I've met. Having him as your first cave instructor has set you up on the path of success for the rest of your cave classes regardless who you take them from.
My wife and I took a rebreather course from him in December. We are both strictly cave divers and do no open water diving. Therefore our vertical team ascent skills are awful. On top of that we were learning rebreathers. It was the first time I can say I severely disappointed him. He didn't have to say a word, we saw it on his face. It was like disappointing a parent. Since we've been done with class we've worked on the skill every single dive just so we don't disappoint him in the future.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom