Cave Diving Fact Find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well theres alot of things in life you shouldnt do period like riding a wheelie 6 miles at 70 MPH. or stunt riding in the middle of traffic. But when god says your a dumb ass and takes my life for being an idiot I can look back and know I did have the chance to live. Same thing behind why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Thanks for your concern and YES by all means TRAINING IS VERY IMPORTANT and you should follow the rules. but thats why you have people that can look back and say yup I did that and others that say No thanks I need a book to teach me what I need to know. Keeping in mind I may be a little crazy but I always dive in numbers. Thats my safety net if I should fall. Im sorry though if I miss lead anyone ill keep my illegal scuba adventures to my self.

Can I have your gear when you kill yourself?

Lets turn the tables for just a sec. Some of the world best freestyle stunt motorcycle stunt riders who are worth millions. Did they sit in a class room and learn how to do stoppies, high chairs, triples, and wheelies in a class room? No the got there ass out and busted some bones and learned how to achive there goal. Thats how I look at life. Keep in mind im not saying training is not important but getting your feet wet with something never hurts anyone when your in numbers

What a turd. Have you given any thought to the divers that may not get access to the cave after you off your sorry little a55. I am really sick of people like you. We all have to pay the price for stupidity.

well theres alot of things in life you shouldnt do period like riding a wheelie 6 miles at 70 MPH. or stunt riding in the middle of traffic. But when god says your a dumb ass and takes my life for being an idiot I can look back and know I did have the chance to live. Same thing behind why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Thanks for your concern and YES by all means TRAINING IS VERY IMPORTANT and you should follow the rules. but thats why you have people that can look back and say yup I did that and others that say No thanks I need a book to teach me what I need to know. Keeping in mind I may be a little crazy but I always dive in numbers. Thats my safety net if I should fall. Im sorry though if I miss lead anyone ill keep my illegal scuba adventures to my self.

Lets turn the tables for just a sec. Some of the world best freestyle stunt motorcycle stunt riders who are worth millions. Did they sit in a class room and learn how to do stoppies, high chairs, triples, and wheelies in a class room? No the got there ass out and busted some bones and learned how to achive there goal. Thats how I look at life. Keep in mind im not saying training is not important but getting your feet wet with something never hurts anyone when your in numbers
I don't have a problem with that, but there are plenty of idiots who practiced their stoppies, etc on public roads and caused accidents injuring and killing other people. That is a problem.

If you kill yourself in a cave you're endangering the lives of the recovery team that come get your sorry ass.

look back at all the post I placed I simply stated a point and shared some pretty great times in my life diving and stunt riding and even admitted to them not being the smartest. and I was called "a turd" "accent waiting to happen" "sorry little a55" I have never been so insulted by a group. So good luck to those who felt like they should be-little someone to make them feel better I dont know but i will be sure to stay away from this area of the board cuz apperently theres no commerodery here. and apperently no one that can think outside the box. Go read a text box and get certified on treating people with respect instead of instulting them as fast as you can. How can you say "can I have your gear when you die?" Im sorry but thats pretty (*&^ed up in my book. I would never say that to someone whos a complete stranger. I understand at first you where looking out for my well being and thats great, but to insult someone for a great experance they had. What does that say about yourself. What about someone on the outside looking in seeing this? There probley thinking damn I dont want to having nothing to do with cave diving you can die and everyone will disrespect and insult you for doing it. Well for the folks OUTSIDE this conversation Im sorry I hope your not mislead cave diving and training is VERY important. But with any diving ALWAYS STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE. And for those Inside the conversation ill pass on to the 3 other Tech and Dive Masters I was with what you think them and of people that dive in caves that have not sit in a class room with a text book. And that "when I die you want my gear"

Look back at all the posts I placed - I simply stated a point and shared some pretty great times in my life diving and stunt riding. I even admitted to them not being the smartest activities. [-]and [/-]I was called "a turd" "[-]accent [/-] accident waiting to happen" "sorry little a55". I have never been so insulted by a group. So good luck to those who felt like they should [-]be-little[/-] belittle someone to make themselves feel better. I don't know but I will be sure to stay away from this area of the board [-]cuz [/-] because [-]apperently [/-] apparently there's no [-]commerodery [/-] camaraderie here. [-]and apperently[/-] Apparently no one here can think outside the box. Go read a [-]text box[/-] textbook and get certified on treating people with respect instead of [-]instulting [/-] insulting them as fast as you can. How can you say "can I have your gear when you die?" I'm sorry but that's pretty (*&^ed up in my book. I would never say that to someone who is a complete stranger. I understand at first you [-]where [/-] were looking out for my [-]well being[/-] well-being and that's great. [-]but to[/-] Why do you insult someone for a great [-]experance [/-] experience they had? What does that say about [-]yourself[/-] you? What about someone on the outside looking in seeing this? [-]There [/-] They're [-]probley [/-] probably thinking "Damn, I don't want to [-]having [/-] have [-]nothing [/-] anything to do with cave diving. You can die and everyone will disrespect and insult you for doing it". Well for the folks OUTSIDE this conversation: I'm sorry I hope [-]your [/-] you are not mislead. Cave diving [-]and [/-]training is VERY important. [-]But[/-] However, with any diving ALWAYS STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE. [-]And[/-] For those inside the conversation i'll pass on to the three other Technical Divers and Dive Masters I was with what you think of them and of people that dive in caves that have not sit in a class room with a [-]text book[/-] textbook. [-]And [/-] I will also tell them that "when I die you want my gear"

istockphoto_2565827_failed_test_college_concept.jpg

See me after class

Lastmate - be sure you go get yourself killed in some hole that nobody knows about so that your thoughtless death doesn't shut the fun down for the rest of us... mmmk? You kacking in a cave can effect everyone else, so quit bitching about insults.

By the way, Vortex's cave has claimed far too many lives... and up to the gate, its ugly, worn smooth, damaged, and incredibly unattractive. Not even worth checking out without going past the gate, with the key, and training!

Daedalus - hillarious!

show some respect for the divers who will have to pull your carcass out of that cave after you get yourself dead.

... would you jump out of an airplane with a parachute without training and after only reading about what to do ?
Taking risks is about understanding those risks and doing whatever you can to mitigate them, then living with them and enjoying your endever
Not about taking those risks just to risk your life and those around you, or those that come after you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom