Cats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49:
I had a monkey in the Philippines that kept cats a bay. Even though they were the same size as her, had claws and teeth and the monkey had none, they were terrified of her. It was comical to watch.
Growing up my Aunt had a toy poodle, you can't believe how afraid I was of that dog. The funny thing is that the dog didn't have any teeth. :wink:

You said they're still kittens, right ??? ... :flush:

:eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

lol...yes, still kittens....what happens if they get stuck?? :wink:

justleesa:
I keep putting them back on the wall for them to go home, but they keep coming back.

Depending on how you do this, it could just be reinforcing the behavior for them. If you pick them up and move them every time they get on your lanai, they might be learning that "go to lanai = get attention" and therefore be unintentionally reinforcing that behavior. A good cat deterant is one where they don't realize you are where it's coming from. The squirt bottle for instance, if they don't associate you with it, it's better. So, do your best for them not to realize you're sending the water.

Have you tried a 12 guage? Sometimes it's a little messy, but they don't come back.

How many floors up do you live? Can they "accidentally" get tangled in your weight belt??

"Cathy, Tiger was playing with my weight belt and somehow she dragged it over to the edge. By the time I could react it was too late..." "I am so sorry."

kent_1848:
Have you tried a 12 guage? Sometimes it's a little messy, but they don't come back.

If Lisa lived in a less populated area, that would work. A pump bb gun pumped only once or twice, low velocity, might make them decide to play elsewhere. Of course, HI has some bad gun laws, don't try it unless you want a SWAT team at the door.

MikeC:
If Lisa lived in a less populated area, that would work. A pump bb gun pumped only once or twice, low velocity, might make them decide to play elsewhere. Of course, HI has some bad gun laws, don't try it unless you want a SWAT team at the door.
Speargun? Bow & arrow? Slingshot? Oh, I know, one of those slingshots that they make out of surgical tubing and it takes like 3 people to fire. Put the cat in the sling, and shoot it about 200yds out into the ocean, and if it comes back, then that is one kick *** cat, you should keep it then.

kent_1848:
Speargun? Bow & arrow? Slingshot? Oh, I know, one of those slingshots that they make out of surgical tubing and it takes like 3 people to fire. Put the cat in the sling, and shoot it about 200yds out into the ocean, and if it comes back, then that is one kick *** cat, you should keep it then.

ROFL!!!
24.gif

Back
Top Bottom