Cats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We live on the ground floor :( - and it seems that the vinegar and a talk with the neighbor did the trick for now. But keep the suggestions coming...:D

Double-sided tape (usually referred to as carpet tape). Stick it to the area that they get in... cats do not like anything stuck to their paws. You can even use some simple duct tape... just fold it over or tape it down so the sticky side is up.

That also brings up an entertaining thing you can do with cats on a rainy day:
- Pick up Kitty
- Hold Kitty tight
- Get some scotch tape
- Wrap tape around all four paws
- Release Kitty and enjoy

SpaceCase:
- Pick up Kitty
- Hold Kitty tight
- Get some scotch tape
A friend with a cat told me this one - put a strip of scotch tape down the back, the cat will scrunch down like it's crawling under something. They called this "combat kitty."

Mouse traps. I use them to keep my cats off the tables and dog out of the garbage. Don't hurt the animal, but give it a good scare. Great for when you are not home.

SpaceCase:
Double-sided tape (usually referred to as carpet tape). Stick it to the area that they get in... cats do not like anything stuck to their paws. You can even use some simple duct tape... just fold it over or tape it down so the sticky side is up.

That also brings up an entertaining thing you can do with cats on a rainy day:
- Pick up Kitty
- Hold Kitty tight
- Get some scotch tape
How about...give the cat a bath. :D

kent_1848:
Speargun? Bow & arrow? Slingshot? Oh, I know, one of those slingshots that they make out of surgical tubing and it takes like 3 people to fire. Put the cat in the sling, and shoot it about 200yds out into the ocean, and if it comes back, then that is one kick *** cat, you should keep it then.
:rofl2:...I about spit my freshly opened beer on my monitor. Actually a 38 works rather well. Leaves just enough that you can pick it up my the tail and drop it in the can.

Electric fence wire where they come across has been known to work. I have heard that all the above have worked.

For sure you don't want the little kritter to be using your gear as a litter box. If they do, go to the pet store and get a odor nuetralizer. There is another thread on that someplace.

:lol:

dannobee:
Man, you people are ignoring the obvious here. If the cats like your gear so much, take them diving with you. I imagine, since they are still kittens, that they'd fit in a BC pocket just fine. Shame on them if they forget their little tanks and regs.
No need to take the risk of the little critter clawing up your pocket or something else....just shoot it. Or buy a big sling shot!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom