Catheter adhesive remover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this. Obviously water shouldn't work. I'm getting a drysuit with a pee valve installed and am a little disheartened by glue-incident stories.

No I haven't (and I really don't see the need) and BTW...the stories sound worse then they really are.

People like to "fluff" up their stories to make them funnier (which it does).:D

When I can, I enjoy a hot shower, as the warm water seems to loosen things up a bit.

I do use rubbing alcohol for a final cleaning, so as to remove any remaining sticky that could attract bits of fuzz and lint and such.

The stories are giving me vertigo. I think I have to throw up.

If a hot shower doesn't work you can always use a heat gun ... that works great on wrist and neck seals, should work on your, err ... middle seal.:D

Kidding, kidding ... don't try this at home.

Try some MEK, methyl ethol keatone. It should take that nasty adhesive right off your thingmajig.

I notice that the adhesive removal pads that come home frequently in my wife's pockets -- hospital stuff--contain naptha which is the major ingrediant of lighter fluid.

Hey, I am just trying to help out here.

(OK--don't really use MEK and lighter fluid is flammable you realize)

N

I found that friction work best...or at least felt the best.

Try some MEK, methyl ethol keatone. It should take that nasty adhesive right off your thingmajig.
Also used in the production of meth, so there are multipal uses for the stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom