Catheter adhesive remover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never had a problem with any adhesive residue, perhaps a different make of catheter would work better?

Alternatively, you might not be removing the catheter properly, follow these steps to avoid lingering stickiness.

1. Squat.
2. Place end of catheter under ball of foot.
3. Stand up, smartly.

Thnx. Beer just came out my nose :D

3. Stand up, smartly.
or is it stand up stupidly?????
It's like Homer Simpson learns to dive dry. :rofl3: Duh ... owwwwww!

I've never had a problem with any adhesive residue, perhaps a different make of catheter would work better?

Alternatively, you might not be removing the catheter properly, follow these steps to avoid lingering stickiness.

1. Squat.
2. Place end of catheter under ball of foot.
3. Stand up, smartly.

Beer and Coke I can handle in a nostril on occasion, but,
sundried Tomato and Basil Wheat Thins will no longer be consumed at my keyboard.

Evad,

I tested out the Kendall Preppies Adhesive remover wipes (one of the medical Adhesive remover products) today, well worth it. With one wipe the glue just broke down and the catheter peeled off, no discomfort at all, not even when a stray hair had gotten stuck in the glue.

Plug

Evad,

I tested out the Kendall Preppies Adhesive remover wipes (one of the medical Adhesive remover products) today, well worth it. With one wipe the glue just broke down and the catheter peeled off, no discomfort at all, not even when a stray hair had gotten stuck in the glue.

Plug

DING,DING,DINGaling! Thanks Plug. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Most adhesives have a specific solvent that works easilly when other solvents seem to make it worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom