Catalina Suggestions / Deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My family is planning a trip to Catalina, June 14-19. There will be four to five of us: parents and 2 or 3 teenagers.

Do any ScubaBoarders know of any good deals for lodging? (I know that, on Catalina, "good deal" is a relative term.) We don't need fancy, just clean.

Also, one of more of the teens may be interested in getting certified. Any suggestions on local instructors/shops for OW checkout dives?

Many thanks.

Seaport Village Inn ... Seaport Village Inn on Catalina Island - Catalina Island's Finest Family Run Smoke Free Resort Hotel
Is nice and they will pick you up, or haul your gear to the dive park
Raul and the staff is awesome and you will not find anyone that will go so far out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one .. look online, and then give them a call, and mention scubaboard ... you will not believe your ears at the good deal you'll get, and that includes the tickets for the ferry over too

If you want to do a boat dive, Scuba Luv (310-510-2350) can set you up with cross-channel boat tickets, hotel and dive boat packages. For shore diving D_B has made a great suggestion.

Thanks.

I just booked with Seaport Village Inn. Good price, but - alas- mentioning ScubaBoard had no effect on the price. (If I missed the proper codeword, or didn't speak to the right person, let me know!)

Now, I'm looking into shore and boat diving options. ScubaLuv looks good.

... or you are coming during summer season...

Yep.

I suppose that the tourist industry calls "summer" any time that the kids are out of school. And they will be.

If you're used to north coast or Monterey diving, you'll LOVE Catalina diving! I did my first dive there earlier in the year and it was spectacular!

I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

I figure I won't have any particular issues with boat diving, but I'm unclear on how easy it is to find dive buddies at the UW Park during weekdays, during "the summer," that is. Also, at least one night, I'd like to do a night dive and will need a buddy then, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom