Catalina Dive Park pics 03/26/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoBret

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had 2 great dives today at the dive park. Got to try out a different camera setup as well, a Nikon s-600 compact with a Fantasea housing. The macro on this camera was amazing and I put it to good use, I normally use an Inon closeup lens but did not have it with me as I didnt have a 46mm adapter.

The Spanish Shawl Pics are uncropped and almost all the pics are not altered in any way. I was very impressed with this setup. The only downfall being it was a full auto camera with no manual control. Used it with 2x S&S 90DX Duo's.

Dived the Sue Jack wreck both times, never seen so many fish as I did today and also spotted a nice sized jelly which was a first for me in Cali waters.

Enjoy!

CatalinaPics_018.jpg

CatalinaPics_017.jpg

CatalinaPics_016.jpg

CatalinaPics_012.jpg

CatalinaPics_011.jpg

CatalinaPics_009.jpg

CatalinaPics_001.jpg

CatalinaPics_002.jpg

CatalinaPics_006.jpg

CatalinaPics_005.jpg

CatalinaPics_004.jpg

CatalinaPics_003.jpg

CatalinaPics_015.jpg

CatalinaPics_013.jpg

CatalinaPics_014.jpg

CatalinaPics_010.jpg

very nice!

Hey, I recognize every one of them critters. There's Gary, Mary, Bruce, Josephine... Nice pics, especially on a day when conditions weren't anywhere near their best ("forcing" me to sit in the Dr. Bill Mobile and read 100 pages in my book instead of diving).

thnx for posting

Do you mind if I borrow some of those pics for references on my SoCal dive tattoo? The garibaldi pic, specifically, would be very useful in adding detail.

No worries, please feel free to use the Garibaldi pic!

Great pictures. Next time try taking the time to dust off the lobster first. It makes for a better shot and the lobsters like their backs rubbed!

enjoyed looking at your pics, always enjoyed diving the kelp and the marine life in socal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom