carysfort reef report, sunday, 4/1/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
gorgeous day on the water @ south carysfort deep today, not so much below! normally the deep south carysfort site we visit regulary is characterized by reef sharks, massive schools of fish, eagle rays, zero current and below average viz. today; no sharks, rippin current, average viz and fishy. viz 30-35FT, water temp a cool 73F@ 60-75FT(only 75F on the surface) and as mentioned the strongest current iv'e ever encountered @ this site. much improved viz in the shallow areas as you can see in the topside photos of south carysfort and the lighthouse. the corinthian is based out of the ocean reef club (snorkel/dive) and is still using the crystal clear charters name(silent world is the only other upper keys operator iv'e observed @ carysfort in some time). strong currents have plagued the deeper reefs and wrecks for weeks. topside conditons look great thru tues. hopefully french or molasses tomorrow. pics from timg,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 50
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 59
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 87
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 44
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 43
  • untitled5.jpg
    untitled5.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 43
  • untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 38
  • untitled7.jpg
    untitled7.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 48
  • untitled9.jpg
    untitled9.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 44
  • untitled8.jpg
    untitled8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 45
We went to Davis today.Light current and about 80 feet viz if we had a foot. Doing Alligator tomorrow and will post some pix if anything comes out. Had the reef to ourselves, pretty cool

We went to Davis today.Light current and about 80 feet viz if we had a foot. Doing Alligator tomorrow and will post some pix if anything comes out. Had the reef to ourselves, pretty cool

light winds this am and reports yesterday had light current on shallow mo. if you decide to head north we'll be moored someplace on molasses,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

light winds this am and reports yesterday had light current on shallow mo. if you decide to head north we'll be moored someplace on molasses,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I think I saw your boat at M1? Too much current at Mo for us so we did a nice leisurely dive at Pickles. Will post a few pix tonight

I think I saw your boat at M1? Too much current at Mo for us so we did a nice leisurely dive at Pickles. Will post a few pix tonight

that was us and yes the current was strong. however the viz and fishlife was terrific and we did two, 95min dives(we could see the bottom features off the northern deep buoy in 110FT on the boat, current was outrageous). i'll post a report when i recieve photos from timg. going out tomorrow? viz was 80FT @ hens and chicks according to conch republic today. i think were're returning to MO tomorrow,,

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom