Carry-on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCarolan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Evening - I am going away in April and would like recommendations for a carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead. I am bringing my reg, computer, mask, bcd, & possibly my fins. If i rent anything it would be the fins. Thx

My Away carry-on works fine for all the above - with the benefit of having a hard shell (allowing to check the bag when needed).

But I also use a North Face Duffel backpack, also no issues.

i always just used a small back pac to carry my regs and computers etc. the rest went in the checked baggage

Evening - I am going away in April and would like recommendations for a carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead. I am bringing my reg, computer, mask, bcd, & possibly my fins. If i rent anything it would be the fins. Thx
The size depends on your airline. See what their requirements are before looking for a bag.
Good luck with the BCD and the fins....they often will not fit.
You are better off with a softside than a hard side...it is more malleable to get into the overhead.
You are better off with a hardside than a softside, in case you need to check it. You cannot count on overhead space unless you have priority boarding.

Got this for my future scuba travels. It really does fit every thing.

AKONA Globetrotter All-in-One Carry-On Backpack​

Was trying a link, but it would post.

Haven't used it for Scuba travel yet, but I liked enough to travel with it otherwise.

Another option. Depending on airline rules.
most, if not all, allow a carryon and personal item. I put my reg, octo, etc., mask and comp in a small case as a personal item. Then I have a carryon. Could put fins and some of the other things in your carryon. Got to agree with turs. Think you’ll be hard pressed to get a BCD in a carryon.

You need the right stuff, AL Outlaw B/C easily disassembles, SP super Nova fins taken apart all dive gear needed for warm water diving plus some cloths all in a standard carry on roller bag.

IMG_8045.jpeg
IMG_8044.jpeg
IMG_8043.jpeg

My scuba gear is checked, except for computers. My carry-on is photo equipment.

Excepte your BCD and fins that I would put in checked baggage or rent at your destination you can fit the rest easily in a back pack..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom