Carnival trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THANKS to everyone for the input!!! Can't wait to go!!!!!!

Laura and I were thinking about doing a "big boat ride " during Spring Break. I'm a college teacher and I'm off work then. While I love the time off the prices then really are high but what are Ya gonna do ? ... We're Gonna head on over to Florida and party at Destin during Spring Break. It's good to see that people still get in the water during the Winter isn't it !!! :crafty:
Anyway Some folks we know say that if your going to Scuba while on a cruise then bust out of the gate and head for the Scuba shop to get your gear when the boat docks. 'Kinda like people seeking a berth in the best spot on board a crowded boat for a Flower Gardens Trip... Get there first !!!! Some of the shops will up the price if the local vacation trade is brisk then you'll have to settle for what is left of the gear.
I'd say if you know where your going to port then you might want to plan ahead and set up the gear you might need before you get there. Knowing TexDiveGuy though I bet he has already thought that out. :wink:

Timeliner:
Laura and I were thinking about doing a "big boat ride " during Spring Break. I'm a college teacher and I'm off work then. While I love the time off the prices then really are high but what are Ya gonna do ? ... We're Gonna head on over to Florida and party at Destin during Spring Break. It's good to see that people still get in the water during the Winter isn't it !!! :crafty:
Anyway Some folks we know say that if your going to Scuba while on a cruise then bust out of the gate and head for the Scuba shop to get your gear when the boat docks. 'Kinda like people seeking a berth in the best spot on board a crowded boat for a Flower Gardens Trip... Get there first !!!! Some of the shops will up the price if the local vacation trade is brisk then you'll have to settle for what is left of the gear.
I'd say if you know where your going to port then you might want to plan ahead and set up the gear you might need before you get there. Knowing TexDiveGuy though I bet he has already thought that out. :wink:

Great advice,,,,and yep got a plan for my diven! I have wanted to go to Destin myself sometime and do a bit of swimming,,,,that should be a great time with lots of great 'views'!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom