Carnival trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In the planning for an econo 4-5 day Carnival Cruise Line trip out of Galveston in March-April or May. My wife is a non diver. I would schd. a dive excursion thru the cruise line for myself. Anyone done this trip and any sugg. at all would be wonderful....such as afternoon outing for us both///dive eqpt.//blablabla,,,,PS- our first 'cruise' so we are novices at this type trip. SPANKS

Which ship is it? Do you know which ports, also? I might can help you some with that info.

Foo

My wife and I booked a cruise with the Carnival line out of Galveston thru my LDS. We leave for a 5 nighter on May 2nd.!!

texdiveguy:
My wife and I booked a cruise with the Carnival line out of Galveston thru my LDS. We leave for a 5 nighter on May 2nd.!!

Carnival has more than one ship out of Galveston- find out which ship it is, and I'll try to help you with your questions. We just returned from the Carnival Ecstasy ship, and have been on the Carnival Celebration out of Galveston also.

Foo

Foo:
Carnival has more than one ship out of Galveston- find out which ship it is, and I'll try to help you with your questions. We just returned from the Carnival Ecstasy ship, and have been on the Carnival Celebration out of Galveston also.

Foo

FOO it is the Carnival Ecstasy,,,,5 nights,,,,I plan on dives while in Cozumel for sure.

We are leaving out of Galveston May 15 for a 7 day on the Elation.

I have sailed on the , the Celebration( 2001, and 2004), the Elation(2004), Norwegian Sea(1999), and Norwegian Star ( 1998) all out of Houston and/or Galveston ports. The Elation is a nice ship with ports in Belize, Progreso and Cozumel. Diving is good in Belize and the trip is an all day affair on the boat ( $145 for a two tank dive) so you don't get to see to much topside in Belize. Progreso has no diving but we did have fun doing the jeep tour and hacienda tour. Cozumel was great ( as usual) and we booked our own boat charter through Dive Paradise. Schlepping the gear down the dock was not fun and will probably do the ship excursion next time for the scuba diving. Bit more of a cattle boat but that doesn't bother me to bad because they usually break us up in groups and I still get a full dive in. I also like diving with other people from the ship because then you get to talk to them later on by the pool or in the dining areas. My advice on the Belize excursion is to book as soon as you get on the ship! They sold out and I pitched a fit to get them to get a second boat going. Everything worked out. They would not have been in that bad of shape on the bookings but there was a dive group onboard from Louisiana that ate up 16 spots within minutes. I like diving
and cruising. I have dove on all the ships except the Disney Magic cruise. Now let's go diving!!!!! :dazzler1:

texdiveguy:
FOO it is the Carnival Ecstasy,,,,5 nights,,,,I plan on dives while in Cozumel for sure.

The Ecstasy is a very nice ship, you will be glad you chose this cruise. We actually booked this trip through our LDS, and had a large group of divers and non-divers. We dove with Aqua Safari on the Cozumel day- two morning dives, an afternoon dive, and a night dive. I have to say that for me this was a bit too much. I would have been better off with only 3 dives, either skipping the afternoon or night dive. But, you're only there for a while, so I felt like I should get in all I could, while I could! The next day's port is Playa del Carmen. Our LDS had arranged for us to ride the ferry back to Cozumel on that day, and dive again with Aqua Safari. It was nice not to have to schlepp our gear back and forth, as we left it with them overnight. The problem that arose, however, was that my husband and I got very seasick on the ferry back to Coz. We ended up being so sick that we were unable to dive, and that was a bummer. If I had it to do again, I would stay on the Playa side, and book a couple of dives with a local dive shop, or go to Cancun and dive.

Let me know if you have any other questions, this was a rushed answer, sorry!

Foo

texdiveguy:
In the planning for an econo 4-5 day Carnival Cruise Line trip out of Galveston in March-April or May. My wife is a non diver. I would schd. a dive excursion thru the cruise line for myself. Anyone done this trip and any sugg. at all would be wonderful....such as afternoon outing for us both///dive eqpt.//blablabla,,,,PS- our first 'cruise' so we are novices at this type trip. SPANKS

If your wife snorkels, or would like to try snorkeling, she could go with you on your dive trip and snorkel. Or you could do a shore dive at Chankanaab marine park and hang out on the beach together, snorkel, and/or drink cervezas under the palapa's later. You would still have time to shop and hit Senor Frogs & Carlos & Charlies that way.

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom