Caribe Blu difficulties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bicster

Contributor
Reaction score
We just booked a flight to CZM (Nov 26-Dec 3) and now we're trying to reserve a hotel. Caribe Blu looks great, but so far they are frustrating (actually, unavailable) to deal with! Their web site doesn't list any phone numbers. I submitted a request on their website yesterday but still don't have a response.

I found a phone number for Caribe Blu elsewhere (+52-987-87-20188) and called it, and the lady who answered asked me to call 1-866-779-9986. I called that number and got an answering machine for Blue Angel urging me to send an e-mail, but it gave no e-mail address. Google found the corresponding e-mail address for me, and I've sent my request ... sigh.

I also found it rather peculiar that Blue Angel and Caribe Blu's websites are both hosted in Poland.

This seems very complicated for something as simple as an availability check & reservation. I'm not even sure I want to use Blue Angel for diving yet. Are the DO and hotel owned by the same folks?

Bicster:
We just booked a flight to CZM (Nov 26-Dec 3) and now we're trying to reserve a hotel. Caribe Blu looks great, but so far they are frustrating (actually, unavailable) to deal with! Their web site doesn't list any phone numbers. I submitted a request on their website yesterday but still don't have a response.

I found a phone number for Caribe Blu elsewhere (+52-987-87-20188) and called it, and the lady who answered asked me to call 1-866-779-9986. I called that number and got an answering machine for Blue Angel urging me to send an e-mail, but it gave no e-mail address. Google found the corresponding e-mail address for me, and I've sent my request ... sigh.

I also found it rather peculiar that Blue Angel and Caribe Blu's websites are both hosted in Poland.

This seems very complicated for something as simple as an availability check & reservation. I'm not even sure I want to use Blue Angel for diving yet. Are the DO and hotel owned by the same folks?

Yes, they are. You might try calling the dive shop (011-52-987-872-1631) between 9 and 11 am and asking for Jeannie. Tell her Gordon says hi.

Jeanie e-mailed me back. I think we're in business. Thanks, Gordon!

I neglected to ask them if they take credit cards. I got the impression from Jeanie's e-mail that they don't. She mentioned cash/traveler's checks, and paying a deposit via Paypal! :11:

I agree Bicster. They are a real pain to contact and don't seem to want to fix that problem. Email seems the best way to contact them imho. My wife and I stayed there 6 months ago and dove with them as well (yes they are under the same ownership as ggunn mentioned) and will be there again in just over one week. We love the place but have always found them hard to contact. Phone calls never seem to work unless you call at just the right time. Stick with the email and state that you require a prompt answer (if you do) and GOOD LUCK! One shouldn't have to go on scuba board to do what you are attempting to do. Some people want to talk to someone and not deal through email but that is the best choice here. I second speaking/writing to Jeannie or you may never stay there! :wink:

Yes, they take credit cards but there's a lift (3%) I think to do so. I've worked with Jeanie several times and she usually gets back to me within 24 hours. We like staying there and diving with Blu Angel too. We've never had a bad time there. Be patient.... they are on Caribbean time.

We will be there beginning Friday for 10 days.

Have fun.

Sandra

sandrascuba:
Yes, they take credit cards but there's a lift (3%) I think to do so. I've worked with Jeanie several times and she usually gets back to me within 24 hours. Sandra

Both are correct from my recent past and future experiene.

sandrascuba:
We like staying there and diving with Blu Angel too. We've never had a bad time there. Be patient.... they are on Caribbean time.Sandra

I also agree. For the price, it can't be beat. Ocean front and a decent dive shop on hand.

sandrascuba:
We will be there beginning Friday for 10 days.Sandra

Too bad we will miss ya'll. We will be there Oct 16-23rd for the second time this year! Have a blast!

My wife and I are very new divers. I have no idea what our stamina will be like, but we'll have 6 "diving days" available to us. I feel like it would be a bad idea to book a dive package for the whole time we're there. Am I right or wrong? If we decide I need to relax on day 3, then we've wasted money on that day. Or what if we want to do a cenote dive?

Any suggestions on how to book this trip would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how far in advance I need to reserve dives in order to be guaranteed a spot, and I don't know if the package really saves any money.

I really appreciate all the info so far! This board has been a terrific resource for travel info, equipment selection, and on and on...

Too bad we will miss ya'll. We will be there Oct 16-23rd for the second time this year! Have a blast![/QUOTE]

We will do our best at having a great time. We are a group of 7 (6 divers) so we are taking our fun with us. This is our rescheduled trip from July. The day we were to arrive Cozumel, the hurricane arrived instead. Rebooking for the group was a snap and Jeanie was great helping us get new dates and re set-up.

We will pass as strangers in the airport. You all have fun too.

Sandra

Bicster:
My wife and I are very new divers. I have no idea what our stamina will be like, but we'll have 6 "diving days" available to us. I feel like it would be a bad idea to book a dive package for the whole time we're there. Am I right or wrong? If we decide I need to relax on day 3, then we've wasted money on that day. Or what if we want to do a cenote dive?

Any suggestions on how to book this trip would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how far in advance I need to reserve dives in order to be guaranteed a spot, and I don't know if the package really saves any money.

I really appreciate all the info so far! This board has been a terrific resource for travel info, equipment selection, and on and on...

Well, here's my opinion..... 2 dives every morning is not that much, even for a newbie. You will be back to the dock in time for lunch, then a siesta or swim, then dress and go to dinner in town. We usually dive in the mornings and then maybe an afternoon or night dive (or both). I do think it's less costly to buy a package of dives. I'd say buy 10 dives each and then add two at the end (or in the middle) if you want to. We have often dived 3 days, laid out a day, and then dived 3 more days and then laid out the day before the flight. Then there are trips where we make 4/5 dives a day for 10 days straight. Whatever you are comfortable with. The diving isn't really strenuous. If you go over to the cenotes, that will impact your dive days/package so keep that in mind.

But, IMHO it is less costly to buy a certain number of dives and accommodations in a package. If they aren't too busy, you should have no problem adding dives or changing the days around. But since they do get busy.... book your dives in advance and then attempt to change them on-site if you need/want to. Go with the flow... it will make the whole process much easier. You will probably find that diving 2 dives a day for 6 days isn't enough.

Sandra

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom